Somthing Painful happend

Woodco

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was at school, um, about 6-7 ish I think, sat ontop of a 15 foot wall, some clever bugger throws a brick at my head. I fell off the wall, landing on my hand. Broke every finger, dislocated my shoulder, and on top of that my head was pissing blood from a nice fractured skull <_<

Now the stupid one; Very very very drunk, decided to hammer a nail straight through my hand. Still have problems with the nerves.

And getting stabbed is up there on the list of painful things to avoid.

most painfull experiences

having a ###### dentist pull a tooth out and refusing anastetic cause needles send me funny IE i go skitso, she left half the tooth in and my face swelled up because of the blod clot the size of a golf ball that mounted on the bad area, it took a year for the other half to push itself out... im never going back to that dentist.

falling out of a bath tub at 40mph and getting gravel rash on my bum, we thought it would be funny to tie it to the back of a car and some of us to sit in it.

getting slashed across my chest and the teacher not letting me leave the lesson to go take care of it i passed out eventually and came round in the toilet with my mate splashing my face with water.

the worst ive ever seen is a friend of myne on his brand new kawasaki ZXR400 was out for a ride with us down some backroads and decides to wind his bike on and bounce himself off 2 trees thus causing 3 broken ribs, a puntchured lung, broke his left leg and arm screwed his collarbone up and fractured his skull.oh his groin also hit the petrol tank at the 1??mph crash thus leaving a nice dent, his first comment on coming round after the operation was asking the nurse to take away the pain but leave all the swelling.

he comes out of hospital hed been out for 3 days and muggins here thinks it s a good idea to take him out so me and anouther friend go collect him and hisdad turns round to us and says look after him, i decide to leave half way through the night and go home, my friend has an accident in his car thus causing the friend who been out of hospital 3 days to reopen his fractured skull...

I once sat and watched Troy from start to finish, putting up with Brad Pitt and Blooms terrible acting was probably more painfull than being hit with the dart. Indeed some people in the cinema, myself included, cheered outloud when pit was killed.

Hmmm I can think of two:

I was at camp one year, and one of the things we did there was participate in Sim-Soc (simulated-society: its a sociological experiment, hard to explain) and I had taken over. So my roommate one night waits until I was asleep, gets out of bed, walks over to me, and takes both his fits and pounds me in the solar plexus with the right and the nuts with the left. Needless to say I woke up. I couldn't breath, so I couldn't scream. I wasn't sure if I couldn't see because it was dark, or because of the pain. I think it was because it was dark, because I started to see red spots a bit after.

Second one is mostly funny, but it still hurt. I was at my neighbor's house playing basketball. We lowered the hoop and started having a dunk contest. So I throw the ball against the backboard, jump up catch it, spin in the air and dunk the ball, after running 10 feet full speed. I nail the dunk, but my legs fly up and forward. I fall, landing somewhat on my back. I say somewhat because my right elbow was right under me when I landed. I landed right on my funnybone and my whole body was tingling for quite some time.

Funny story - Playing cricket last year. Usually we use junior balls which are slighly smaller and lighter than adult ones. This completely underequipped club we were playing decided to use the big balls.

Fielding at silly mid off (as close to the batsmen as you

Funny story - Playing cricket last year. Usually we use junior balls which are slighly smaller and lighter than adult ones. This completely underequipped club we were playing decided to use the big balls.

Fielding at silly mid off (as close to the batsm as you can legally get) is not a good thing. The batsmen shoots one straight off the middle and instintively I go down for the catch. Next thing I know my index finger is hanging off.

Basically the ball went between the middle finger and index finger of my right hand and tore down about an inch. I looked at it and, well, it wasnt a pretty sight.

The worst thing is the anesthetic though - not nice to the hand as the hand is naturally more sensetive than the rest of the body.

I was lucky though, no broken bones or nerve damage, just a huge tear in the flesh and a nice scar.

I've had a spinner catch my nutsack and leg before. I went to smack it one and the bloody thing bounced weird, straight under my bat and caught my leg and nutsack. After hopping around for a few minutes, I noticed where the ball had come to rest, right up against the stumps... :unsure: Luckily, the match was called off a few minutes later due to bad weather :P

Lets start from the begining.

I was 18 months old and living in Portsmouth. My mum took me to the beach along with some neighbours.

To get there we had to go via the subway (that's an underpass in Yank talk I guess, not the underground train system).

I was on my tricycle, and I remember turning round and waving at my mum just before I headed down the ramp.

At the bottom I found that tricycles don't have brakes, and slamming your chin into the steps will stop you, but it bloody hurts.

So I now have a scar on my chin and a phobia of plasters.

When I was 5 I lived in Saudi Arabia in some flats. Workmen had left the door to the lifts power supply open, and being curious I went in and touched everthing, getting electricuted in the process.

A year later, I lived on a compound with villas, and I noticed that the brake cable would fit into the mains sockets, so I tried it, and got electricuted again.

A few months later, I was out on my bike and workmen had been replacing the sewerage pipes, leaving the old filthy rusty ones lying on the ground. I thought it'd be fun to ride over them, but they moved apart and I fell off my bike putting my hand out and slicing it open between my 2nd and 3rd fingers, down to the bone.

Most painful and kinda scary thing that happened to me was not to long ago. i was with my buddy in the middle of a game (airsoft) and i had to move up so i turned to tell my freind im moving up as im jumping up i start to move forward and rack myself on a thorn bush with thorns the size of your middle finger(not in width in length) they did stab me in the sensitive area and i wasnt moving for a while.

I did stapled my finger before.. was playing with it and *bam*...

Next thing I know is this Nail on and partly through my finger...

I pull it out back in my room and it hurts..

And the most painful pain I ever had link back to when I was under 1 years old. I got my shoulder dislocated... and there are effects..

2 years ago I travel from HK to Uk to continue study....

Arrived at UK... oww foggy and misty..

Got back to school @ nite, went to bed in my room, and found that my shoulder start to hurt...

It is like the pain come from inside the bone... I tried to sleep it thou but nothing works..

So I gone to the doctor without sleeping for 2 days due to the pain...

They give me some god know Painkiller to stop my pain..

My shoulder stills hurt sometime... when the weather is nice and wet...

I only been to hospital 3 times really... 1st was when I was borned..

2nd was a High fever...

The 3rd one was.... having a bleeding nose and lost 1 full bowl of blood...

Woozie

Not so much painful, but rather scary thing happened yesterday. I was sitting in the woods whittling as usual, when a draft blew some dust at me and i coughed. This caused me to slice the skin off the underside of my left index finger. This was about 2/3 of my finger, from the lower joint on up. Wrapped my finger in a leaf, stuck my knife in my bag and ran like hell for the 2 miles to a strip mall because my phone didnt get service. It scared the hell out of everyone when i ran into a grocery store with my whole arm soaked in blood. I ended up getting a patch and it all worked out, pretty scary though.

This happened yesterday to me and a few of my friends.

We went on a mountain biking trip up the side of a mountain. The ride up was fairly accident free. We hit the top at about 2000 ft, and decided to come back down the way we came. There were a few accidents on the way down, such as falling off of the trail and whatnot, but the greatest one came after we were off of the trail. We were biking to our cabin which was at the end of this 300 foot 45 degree paved road.

My friend decided to ride down this incline as fast as he could. I was ahead of him and heard someone say slow down, so I stopped and looked back, to see my friend flying down this hill. He gets about 30 feet away from the end and freaks so he slams on his breaks. Well the back one didn't lock as quickly as his front one. So the bike flipped him over the handlebars, sending him flying 10 feet through the air. He struck the pavement with his arms over his face and skiddend down about 10 feet, helmet flying off as soon as he hit.

I ran over and he was just laying there. Then he said "Oh tits" and I knew he was ok. We took him inside and bandaged him up. About 1/3 of his lower arm had the skin peeled off, and his knee was banged and cut up but he was ok.

coming in to land from 15000 foot parachute drop, got hit by side wind bout 50 foot from ground blowing me off course a bit, ended up landing right on edge of runway where tarmac is at 45 degree angle. result was compound fracture of left ankle , still got steel in it, broke wrists, left for arm, 6 ribs ,both collar bones, 3 fingers, tore ligaments in shoulder and muscles in back. then just to make things sweetter still wind caught my chute and dragged me 200 feet down runway, tearing straight through my suit and giving me more cuts bruises and friction burns, which was nice. slapping harness release wasnt fun as hit my broken ribs in proces and punctured right lung. not my favorite day i have to admit, but bones heal and skin mends jumped since. hurt like a b*****d.

Not exactly the most painful thing, but have you ever had a Sodium Chloride IV? *shudders*

It feels so weird when that *beep* is goin into your arm.

You mean a sodium drip? I had one of those, funnily enough during one of my most painful experiences :D *Warning: might be a bit icky in places*

Earlier this year I was put in hospital with a cripplingly severe abdominal cramp, bad enough that the doctors thought it might be appendicitis. A friend of mine had had appendicits a few months previously, and he told me that when he was healing after the operation he realised how much of the bodies movements affect the muscles in the stomach - I finally understood exactly how bad he meant, and it's not an experience I want to repeat :(

I couldn't lie flat, because that pulled the muscles out and made them angry.

I couldn't pull my legs all the way up, because that bunched the muscles up and made them angry.

I couldn't move, I couldn't lift things, I couldn't eat, and I could hardly breathe.

So I was lying there with my legs at some kinda halfway point to try and keep my tummy happy, when they tell me I need to have a drip put in my right hand. They say I'm dehydrated and they don't want to try feeding me normally, so I'll spend at least the next 12 hours alternating between bags of salt and sugar water.

I put my hand out, the doctor puts the drip in. It hurts. My tummy panics and I throw up. The pain is so bad by this point that they decide to give me morphine before I'm given my first bag of sodium solution. That's probably why the sodium didn't hurt so badly, because I was doped off my face with my head feeling like a novelty helium balloon.

Couple of hours later I've finished a bag of sodium and a bag of glucose. Next on the menu is a potassium drip.

Dear. Sweet. Jesus.

Imagine pouring highly corrosive acid inside your veins. Yeah, it's that bad. Worst part? I was freaking out because it hurt so much, so I tell the nurse cos I think there's something wrong.

"Oh no, it's meant to hurt that much."

Well why are you putting it in my bloodstream then?!! :fear:

I suppose it doesn't really compare to some of the other stories in this thread, but still - that's my agonising experience :)

Edit: another *suitcasey* thing I forgot to mention - my wrist still hurts sometimes from having the drip in my hand. It's not as bad as it was for the first couple of weeks afetrward, because then the scar tissue inside my vein was still fresh and very, very raw and hurt to move.

that doesnt sound like it was much fun. still im kind of with the other guy losing your left nut to a stiletto attack, man thats gotta smart. or the one with a ###### cyst, not nice. in fact every one of you can shuffle around moaning in pain and think "i one, yay me" well i will any way. ohh me aching back!

You mean a sodium drip?

It was salt water. I don't know why they needed to give it to me though--I was admitted because my anemia brought my blood count so low I almost needed a transfusion.

What happens when your blood count is that low? You're really friggen tired and you just crash on the floor and fall asleep for hours at a time.

Archived