gunner airsoft

alastairthegreat

So, what do you think you get from Fung? It's the same stuff or better fluff you get in your so-called back alley shops. It's like the plague, it's exponentially spreading and you can find it virtually anywhere here: In stationary shops, street market, department store etc. etc. Btw, there is a good reason why all the established retailers and wholesalers here in HK without exception don't sell the cheapo knock-offs.

The reliablility of Gunner's is more than doubtful. If you've ever been to Fung's/Gunner's real walk-in shop, you will know what I mean. I told my stories about that dubious guy in this forum long before he even had that online shop and was even aware of Arnies.

Sorry, I'm still not entirely getting your point. I order from Fung exactly because he's a conduit to the cheaper end of the chinese airsoft market, and that's the "fluff" I'm after at the moment. I'm sure I could do better at a HK street market or department store, but the 12,500 mile commute is a real pain for me as I usually like to be home in time to read my daughter a couple of stories before her bedtime. The whole "sorry dear, I'm just nipping across to Kowloon Bay for an M14 and a couple of bags of bb's, I'll be back in four days" thing really doesn't fit into my fairly busy schedule.

If Fung is making a good few dollars from selling cheap chinese kit to gweilos, I don't really have a problem with it: he may be making out like a bandit, but I'm getting what I want too, and damn if he doesn't work hard for his money. With the hours he puts in, he deserves to have a PayPal balance that would make your eyes pop out of your head. And as for the quality of the product, I'm a big boy and can make my own decisions, I'm well aware of the concept of caveat emptor, and if I truly wanted to enter into an exploitative relationship with a retailer, I'd go to Wolf Armouries in London, where my $100 wouldn't even cover the cost of parking my car.

If you think you can do a better job than Fung, go for it. But be warned, it will seriously eat into the time you can spend on forums making misanthropic posts.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My order arrived. Thankfully my girlfriend happened to be home for lunch when the postman came or I would have missed it. It was a long 4 hr wait till the end of my shift at work when I found out. Sadly Fung never responded to my 2 emails about tracking number, and the package made it before any word from him.

It appears mine was shipped on the 30th of October via EMS.

Got a Kart M14, CM.028, batteries, and element metal body and flash hider. Which the body does not work with the CM.028 like the website says. So I might be selling it in a day or so.

Package arrived in very poor condition, but looks like customs got ahold of it. Had customs tape all over the place, including the boxes. BB bags were ripped open, and one of my batteries plastic wrap either broke open or was cut open by customs.

I ordered it because on Gunners site it said it would work for the CM.028 which I also ordered. The gear box and screws all match up, however there is a space between the pistol grip and the receiver. The gap is too big not to notice, and looked horrible.

This is the spacer on the original CM.028 body:

ak.jpg

The element body does not have this:

ak2.jpg

Yes, so the AK74 body was made to work with the AK74 grips, which the CA, ICS, VFC, and Gaurder would all work with. While this isn't a HUGE deal, it is still something that should be addressed.

I just made a large order of

5 different ak wood kits

1 thompson wood kit

1 rpk kit

1 ak metal receiver

1 ak receiver ribbed cover

1 spr flash hider

both of the metal armalite RIS handgaurds

2 cm030's

2 extra mags for the cm030's

1 bi-pod grip

1 psb-1 silencer

Will let everyone know how it goes.

I've orderd once. A couple of AEGs and an AEP. Very fast email responces and excellent service regarding upgrades.

Took just about over a week for the parcel to reach me. Only took a day or so from asia to sweden. The rest of the time the parcel was in a holdingbin at the swedish customs service...

I'm very pleased with Gunner Airsoft!

(Which I can't say about the swedish customs...)

Yes, so the AK74 body was made to work with the AK74 grips, which the CA, ICS, VFC, and Gaurder would all work with.  While this isn't a HUGE deal, it is still something that should be addressed.

I also ordered the Cyma AK74 + Element AK74 Metal Body, and i wonder if we won't have the same problem with our 74s looking at a standard 74 replacement grip.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...SK-10BK_srch_ak

Got my quote for the M14... it took aproximately two hours for Fung to answer, so I can´t figure out why everyone is bitching around with him "taking his time" on quoting. Perhaps may be because we´re located on the same hemisphere.

Anyway, does anyone knows if he does a "discount" to Arnie´s forum users?

My answers in bold:

ok so have you ever ordered from him??

I wouldn't have to order. You see my details next to my posts? There it says I am in Hong Kong ;) . I did buy from him and my biggest mistake in Airsoft so far was: I even entrusted him with my gun.

how did you tell this "story" of yours in this forum before you knew arnies existed?? this forum IS arnies

My advise: Read carefully before you try to criticise others posts.

and the plague you mention is called fair competition, get used to it, cos unless youre gonna live in a communist country capitalisms pretty much here to stay (and in china but thats another story)

Wasn't it said in this thread that Gunners is the only one selling it to overseas? Competition needs at least two, right? ;)

oh and id like to know what the reason otheres dont sell gunners stuff is please becouse ALL the reviews of the .28 that ive seen have said that its allmost up to the standard of the TM (and in the case of the wood, better) maybe you should get off youre high horse and stop whining about progression and innovation

Almost TM standard? Interesting, all other established brands must be pretty stupid being so long on the market but still not being quite on par with TM, but the knock-off newstarters from China get it almost immediately? Very interesting  :unsure:

Why others don't sell? Inconsiderate folks just up to the quick buck will always sell you anything you want.

ali

well my item has arrived safe and sound and Im happy.

posted 7th, hit these shores 8th, arrived today - EMS/parcelforce. no charges etc.

Im a bit ###### because in all my years of ordering overseas (DVDs etc) a dvd arrived yesterday and was opened by C&E.

I used to work for the buggers, as well.

Inconsiderate folks just up to the quick buck will always sell you anything you want.

While you'll get no argument from me with to regards to truthfulness the above statement, I still believe that it it no way applies to Gunner. I've always found him courteous and helpful to a fault, and that's after half-a-dozen dealings with him, and a couple of those transactions went through whilst he was under incredible pressure. As for the items I've bought, I'm under no illusions as to their provenance, but airsoft is a hobby to me, and I'm willing to give Fung $100 for an L96 that's possibly going to need some tweaking at my end, rather than give someone else the best part of a mortgage payment for the Maruzen original.

So, c'mon, tell us - what did Fung do to get so far up your nose? Steal your girlfriend? Or did he used to stick your head down the toilets at school? There's got to be some motive for your opportunistic (and frankly cowardly) attacks on the guy. Unless, of course, you're just one of those people who spends their time getting all bent out of shape on the subject of TOY GUNS.

my answers in bold

ok so have you ever ordered from him??

I wouldn't have to order. You see my details next to my posts? There it says I am in Hong Kong . I did buy from him and my biggest mistake in Airsoft so far was: I even entrusted him with my gun.is that all youre gonna say???, and also this thread is specifically related to dealings with gunnerairsoft.com not some shop you happend upon years ago ;)

how did you tell this "story" of yours in this forum before you knew arnies existed?? this forum IS arnies

My advise: Read carefully before you try to criticise others posts.i did, youre point being??

and the plague you mention is called fair competition, get used to it, cos unless youre gonna live in a communist country capitalisms pretty much here to stay (and in china but thats another story)

Wasn't it said in this thread that Gunners is the only one selling it to overseas? Competition needs at least two, right? there are loads of HK shops that sell overseas and lots of shops in this country that would sell me the same gun, i went to gunner becouse of his excelent prices and reputation

oh and id like to know what the reason otheres dont sell gunners stuff is please becouse ALL the reviews of the .28 that ive seen have said that its allmost up to the standard of the TM (and in the case of the wood, better) maybe you should get off youre high horse and stop whining about progression and innovation

Almost TM standard? Interesting, all other established brands must be pretty stupid being so long on the market but still not being quite on par with TM, but the knock-off newstarters from China get it almost immediately? Very interesting

Why others don't sell? Inconsiderate folks just up to the quick buck will always sell you anything you want. what hte hell is youre point!! im sorry to be rude but ive yet to find any fault with the cyma AK that cant be fixed for less that £5 (the wiring) and thats a hell of a lot cheaper still than buying a tm, also its widely known that CYMA AK's have a better wood affect on them than the TM ones so quit rambling on about "inconsiderate folks" and tell us what youre problem is please.

ali

Archived