How to make a Tight Bore Barrel?

madbull

Nice to know you guys check them before shipping. QC is a lost art.

Not in most industries. My dad's company needs to conform to ISO 10014 (if I remembered the number correctly) standards for QC. I had to update the companies QA manual over the summer.

Quality Control is not dead; just cheapened in some countries.

It's not technically news, seeing as it's not to do with a new product.

However, i don't care, and I doubt anyone really will. :)

Very nice, 'tis nice and informative and generally good stuff to know :)

Keep up the good work!

because a vernier isn't all that accurate.

It's gota be accurate to about 0.01 of a millimeter, and they just don't get that accurate. Also, it's never going to get a perfect reading of the inner diameter, as the Inner is round, and the vernier has square edges...

Wow...

MDK, you got the point...

:)

because a vernier isn't all that accurate.

It's gota be accurate to about 0.01 of a millimeter, and they just don't get that accurate. Also, it's never going to get a perfect reading of the inner diameter, as the Inner is round, and the vernier has square edges...

as for the caliper arms, thats not really true, my digital vernier (used for measuring the neck size of hand-reloaded rifle rounds, and is accurate to .01mm) has blade-shaped measuring arms, so that only the tiniest edge is in contact with the sides/inner wall of the bullet casing/barrel.

if anyone doesnt understand what Im talking about I could try to take a picture.

Even though the display shows lots of digits after the comma, it doesn't make the caliper more accurate. Even the warmth of your hands throws the measurement off marginally. That's why micrometres have plastic handles: for isolation.

-Sale

Archived