For those looking for JGSDF items

sekiryu

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bit of a necropost and in the wrong topic, but I cannot seem to find the right one. Basically, I recall there being an argument about SiG Sauer P220s versus P226s. Well, my new 1911 is as big around as my P226. And the Japanese used the M1911A1 for nearly half a century so, dare I say it, the problem with the P226 isn't that it's too large for Japanese hands. Unless, of course, the Japanese have shrunk.

• 1 month later...

I'm hitting the jackpot here. I found a nice site with MOLLE JGSDF gear:

http://www.lem-shop.com/

Try to ignore the $900 vest. The rest are reasonably priced. The manager says he can ship to America depending upon the item. Not sure if it will work as well as Triarks, but I'll see what can be done.

*fruitcage* A.....Military and LE only....WTF?!

• 3 weeks later...

What did you tell him? It might be possible that he's biased against non-Japanese (or possibly just people who make no attempt to communicate in Japanese, or maybe Maple-Leaf and the UK are too far to ship and he figured that ignoring Maple would be more polite than telling him that he can't/won't... but that theory doesn't make sense given that he has shipping rates listed for selling to folk in Europe).

I'm non-Japanese :huh:.

Anyway, I had noticed the items marked "Pick-up", and asked him, in English, if those were also available overseas.

Thank you for your Email, Sir.

Yes, you can buy the "pick up" items from overseas. When you buy, let me

know the name of item, how to pay, your adress and your name.

Thank you.

Triarks: Toshihiro Tamura

I use a Yahoo Japan email account to contact him though......maybe that's it.

Archived