Airsoft knife kills?

TheRighteousBrothers

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only time I ever attempt a close kill or a knife kill is if I somehow stumble upon someone and they have no idea that Im there and if I know I can get to the quietly. If I think they may see me I just double tap them on semi. It cuts down on both people yelling "surrender" at the same time, and it eliminates the possiblity of the person not honoring it and shooting at you.

I've not had a hand held knife kill but I did have my bayonet fixed when I stormed a building once and rounded a corner and came face to face with the enemy and bayoneted him becuase I didnt want to shoot him point blank with a 325fps gun. :D lots of fun :)

Theres a guy at Phoenix airsoft called Ade who is the GOD of knife killing. I mean, he is awesome. At a themed cops vs gangs game, he was on the opposite gang to me and chose to come help us out against the 'cops' and I believe took out 3 with just his latex dagger. It was incredible to watch.

Me, Id fit a bayonet to my M15a2...but theres a bipod already there!

I bought a bayonet for my G3. I knew it wouldn't fit, but I bought it to see if it would look good, and I would gaffer tape it on. Turns out it didn't look that great, so I just have it as some unnecessary gear. I haven't put it to use yet, but I would like to. I can't go around chucking it at people though, it's one of those hard plastic ones, and it would ruin it if I sanded the point down to a flat edge...

Do you guys actaully use rubber knives to do it at all? It's just that a kid I play with wanted to bring his rubber knife to a game, but I pointed out that if I ever saw someone running at me with a knife (chances are I wouldn't realise it's rubber) and would either empty a hicap or hit him with the rifle before I realised what I had done.

Just seems like our human instincts make it a little too dangerous.

I've personally gotten knife killed and done the killing.

I'll use the guy who sliced me's own words to describe what happened: "... during the pistol game, after my 93R jammed >:(, I told the Malestrom guys I was leaving to fix my gun. General B told me "NO you're our hostage now!" I thought, OK my guys now have an objective, Rescuing me!

So I try to fix my gun in the little light I have inside the house. After realizing I have to REALLY take it apart, I put it back together and holster my weapon. Waiting patiently, and realizing my captors have no idea what I'm doing, out comes the rubber bayonet! ;D

I go for the throat of my nearest captor while he's shooting at my guys out of the window, and put my left hand over his pistol, shooting the guy in front of him. I turn around, dropping my captors "corpse" on the ground, and fire on the guy behind me, nearly missing several BB's

Andrew has a confused look on his face, as I place a perfect "Double Tap" in his chest 8-) I then go upstairs, running out of ammo exchanging fire with General B. In not certain if he hit me, but I called myself out anyway, going back to the "safe zone" to fix my 93R"

When I managed to get the knife kill it was completely by accident. We were in a very heavy woodland setting and we ended up in a fire fight with the opposing forces by accident. I lead a small detachment of two people and myself for a flanking run. We must have made a LOT of noise because the people they had guarding their flank peeled off and retreated AWAY from the rest of their unit and into a field. I had the other two guys with me watch the area while I reconed where the shooting was coming from. Pushing through the dense foliage I suddenly emerged DIRECTLY BEHIND their SAW gunner who was positioned a dozen or so yards away from the main unit. He keeps his attention forward and yells: "Hey Charlie, watch yourself, I think they're coming up to flank, the rest of the guys are moving right-" Using the fact that he thought I was on his team I knifed him with my bayonet and held up my hand for a silent kill. Scooping up his M249 I slung my M16 behind me and began to mercilessly take out the rest of his team {Apart from the flank guards that took off}

God I love this game... just thinking about it all again makes me not want to wait for next Saturday to head out.

The only combat knife I own is an updated version of the "Rambo knife" with a hollow steel grip, a compass, and a 7-inch steel blade.... I wouldn't be using that on people. I carry it with me at all times in the field, though. I use the serrated back saw for cutting through branches, the compass for navigating, and the blade tip for dealing with small screws.

At my local field, we once had a team of half a dozen people who used rubber bayonets. They all used ArmaLites and would sometimes perform bayonet charges. It was slightly chilling to hear the words "FIX BAYONETS!" coming from them as my team pinned them down with heavy fire. The crazy bastards would actually stand up and charge us against our fire. On the two occasions that this happened, most of my team just ran. I couldn't blame them - it's scary to see six heavily-armed, screaming enemies charge straight at you, bayonets fixed and weapons firing.

I have one of the rubber bayonets like Evansy, and at the same site have had 4 or 5 kills i remember...

1, attached to bayonet, just gutted someone with it in the dark showerblock area :P (pitch black cqb ftw)

2 pistol and knife, shot one, stabbed mate, shot other (die in hail of whiteness)

3 against a zombie in a zombie game. much bunnyhopping required

4 stabbing someone in the back of the head (hideing in an antiroom) to as i had no ammo left :P

yes, i am knife ######...

My mom does a lot of theater stuff and has a toy knife with a spring in it so when you stab someone the knife goes into the handle, but when you pull it off the spring pushes the plasitc blade back out. In my neighborhood we had a game going and I just used this knife and my PPK w/silencer (this was a while ago when it still worked). I don't think i need to tell you directly, but i'll spell it out: silenced pistol+knife+night game+sneaking around+chokehold human shield tactics=what popular video game series?

I came prety close to having two at once.

Two hostiles had taken me prisoner as I was reloading my P90. Needless to say they took the mag, rendering the smg useless. They dumped me in a foxhole, then took cover in another about three feet away, and began to lay down fire on the rest of my team. I began to draw my plastic knife, but it got hooked on something, and I was trying to do this unnoticed. By the time I worked it free and was ready to pounce, the game ended, goggles came off, and I let them know how close to death they had been. Mwahaha.

In CQB it's pretty easy to get knife-kills (or bang-kills if you prefer). Just stand behind a doorway and wait. All the better if you have a radio to help your team herd the opfor toward you.

In woodland I doubt anybody would bother to get a knife out. If you did see somebody walking backwards toward you (or whatever) it'd be far easier to just tap em on the shoulder and say "bang!".

Do you guys actaully use rubber knives to do it at all?  It's just that a kid I play with wanted to bring his rubber knife to a game, but I pointed out that if I ever saw someone running at me with a knife (chances are I wouldn't realise it's rubber) and would either empty a hicap or hit him with the rifle before I realised what I had done.

Just seems like our human instincts make it a little too dangerous.

So guns are fine but watch out for those knives, they're dangerous!

Who is going to run at someone with a knife and give them a chance to fire anyway?

I want plastic knives so I can kill people, dammit.

some people dont take bang kills....

game at my site, me and an opfor stalking in this pitch black cellar for like half an hour, finally meet, im lying on the floor on a corner, i go 'bang'

he goes '*fruitcage* you' shoots at where my head would be kneeling... so i shoot him in the crotch with my p90 :P

problem solved

i only bang kill friends, i knife peps i dont know, they have to take it :P

Use plastic knives if you can, and I do recommend them as part of your kit. The opportunity to get a knife kill is not so great, but sometimes you will either go “knifing” yourself or get partnered up with the opportunity to use it in combat. When you actually get the kill with the knife… you will be very glad you had it.

A plastic knife is a part of my kit because I actually use them (I am armed with one from the pirate adventure theme park in Disneyland, its compact and very rubber so it does the job well). I have killed many people with this knife and as lame as it sounds, find it sport to get those kills instead. Sure, you will get shot to pieces 50% of the time, but that’s still good odds for bragging rights over a knife kill ;)

Most memorable was the game that I killed two lads in a row from behind with the same knife. The only thing second to that was when I took a field trowel and only used it during the course of the entire day. I finally killed someone with it during the last few games and the poor guy was quite humiliated. When he heard me a few feet behind him he just sagged his arms and head down because he knew what was about to happen :)

Charging a single manned dug in enemy with a group of two also works well to get you knife kills. While one person distracts you simply go around and poke him with your rubber knife. Sounds simple, and believe me, it is if you are working with someone you know against a green player in a small area of cover.

So in short, go for it mate, use that plastic knife and cause more plastic death!

Speaking as someone still suffering a dodgy back after being the victim of an overenthusiastic knife attack 2 months ago I would have to say "no".

I know that the knife attack bit can be done safely, my main issue is with the charge and other elements of getting in to do the knife attack. Things can very easily go wrong with a knife attack, even if you know what your doing etc, where as its not so common for the same to happen with an airsoft gun even if you don't know what your doing.

Also its a lot easier to cause damage with a LARP knife (ie made of foam and latex, using a rubber knife is even more dangerous) than with a BB.

One request to all those who are currently thinking "But I know what I am doing so I should be able to use them".

Imagine the most rules/safety incompetent ninny that you know in your whole history of airsofting that hasn't been banned from your site (but you wish they had).

Now given them a solid object with which to poke you with at close range rather than a an AEG.

Still feeling safe and happy about knife attacks?

Knife attacks in airsoft. As far as i am concerned airsoft is a non contact sport and as such knife attacks should not be allowed. As it has been said above larp weapons which are designed to be used in combat are dangerous enough and i have seen some nasty injuries during my time with them. A bendy piece of plastic can still cause alot of harm. Im not being Mr Nany State here but there is no need for it.

If you get the absolute drop on someone just say *ban* or *surrender player*. Thats what we use at my local site and it works just fine. Our hobby as enough potential for injury as it is without stabbing each other with bits of plastic.

i teach jujitsu, and we use rubber safety knives for our knife fighting.

in an enviroment where anyone can use a knife, rubber or plastic ( ive got glassfiber knives designed to do the same job as steel), put them in untrained hands+adrenaline+testosterone=trouble.

in my club we have had injuries from fake knives.

maybe have some more rules on knife attacks...but then we open up the " defence against knife by simulating locks which would break the arm/wrist", and when we fight with knives....we use fists elbows forearms knees shins feet head shoulders...anything we can hit with before we stick em we will.so unless strict guidlines and rules are actually brought out ..a big can of worms is being opend........

maybe just stick to airsoft guns.

Archived