Airsoft knife kills?

TheRighteousBrothers

And, Captain, you are forgetting the use of anne summers accesories. Ever scince Janno said "so long as its rubber you can throw it"......

Au contraire my suave friend, I simply couldn't contrive a way to mention said "accessories" that didn't breach the rules of etiquette on a family-oriented board...

And yeah, Dope, you aren't gonna get any argument from me about that: When I "knife" somebody it's always flat of the hand, tap on the shoulder, tell 'em they're dead. There's absolutely no need nor call for wrenching someone's neck out of its socket and jamming a plastic knife in their face.

And I have to say that as an infrequent marshal at CAGE Amherst I've yet to come across more than one or two people using rubber knives- and whenever I spot an occupied knife holster on the playing field I do ask to check it's a rubber one. We don't have a facility for checking them systematically, though (yet, at least) because as Ed said, they're hard to get ahold of and almost nobody even has one.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The accusation of over dramatisation. I hate to say it but THIS IS HAPPENING! People see it at Camp X Box and thinks it's 'heroic'! The only time I have been knifed is when an opposing player came up behind a whole group of us and just put his arm around my shoulder. He just went along the line of us. It was not threatening at all, the only reaction was laughter at having been got.

This is something that will always cause problems until we get a consensus of opinion. My personal opinion is lets not have them but until I rule the world then I am just one voice in the wilderness.

Maybe a poll, just yes and no answers.

I don't agree with knife kills at all. Someone's grabbed me from behind around the neck before (not with a knife just with an arm) and I punched him straight in the face, without even meaning too, it was a pure kneejerk reaction and i was realy soory afterwards because he was just jerking around.

My point is that if you suprise someone and they feel threatened they will lash out, intentionally or unintentionally, they won't even realise until it's over... it's a natural instinct and survival mechanism.

It's for this reason I don't think rubber knives or any other weapons should be used.

Tapping on specified parts of the body is fine, aslong as it's included in the briefing, but no grabbing or holding of any kind at all, it's just too intimate for someones natural reactions to handle imho.. and it will cause injuries.

Last weekend i played as a Hadji (Jihadist) and carried a knife under my uniform concealed. Someone tried to take my POW, i backed up when he and 3 others walked towards me, and pulled it out and stabbed them all. Then it was confiscated from me by the US forces (party poopers, i went to grab it, again, and i got a handgun in my face and threatened to be killed if i tried it). :D

Its fun, and very satisfying when you get one. The pink mist..... :P

As the rest of us keep saying (over and over) a "knife kill" is any kill where you get close enough to the opposition to touch them without them realising you're there. There's no stabbing or neck-grabbing required.

The use of a rubber knife to touch the person in that situation is optional and probably best restricted to games where the players know and trust each other.

I don't agree with knife kills at all. Someone's grabbed me from behind around the neck before (not with a knife just with an arm) and I punched him straight in the face, without even meaning too, it was a pure kneejerk reaction and i was realy soory afterwards because he was just jerking around.

My point is that if you suprise someone and they feel threatened they will lash out, intentionally or unintentionally, they won't even realise until it's over... it's a natural instinct and survival mechanism.

*sigh* :(

You must be lashing out all the time when you skirmish, or do people ask you before they shoot you?

Anyway, I stopped due to the problem of entering mano et mano combat. Touching the gun to the head leaves no doubt.

Must admit, I can see where you're coming from with that but I reckon it's kind of cheating.

I mean, since when did touching somebody with a gun magically kill them?

The thing about knife kills is that it should require you to actually transition to a knife and, if that action alerts the opfor, you run the risk of being hosed while unarmed or with a partially drawn knife.

I also got 3 or 4 kills at MA3 by cowering in a cupboard and then shining my pistol laser on people when they opened the cupboard door.

TBH, I felt like I was cheating for doing this cos, after all, if it was real then you'd have to discharge the pistol to get that kill and that'd alert the opfor to your location.

Having said all that, I'm talking about sneaky kills. I get the impression that EW isn't really about sneaking around, in which case it doesn't really matter if you get a kill by touching somebody with a gun or by a double-tap at 2ft.

I would urge caution when touching people with guns though. One mans touch might be another mans attempted pistol-whipping. ;)

It's for this reason I don't think rubber knives or any other weapons should be used.

Tapping on specified parts of the body is fine, aslong as it's included in the briefing, but no grabbing or holding of any kind at all, it's just too intimate for someones natural reactions to handle imho.. and it will cause injuries.

This is very sad:

From what I read, you actually object to being grabbed around the neck from behind, not knife kills. & I agree, jerking around or not, this is not a part of the airsoft I know & love.

The chap that grabbed you should be chastised & educated. He can obviously learn to use a different technique.

I know you were really sorry afterwords, but be aware that punching people in the face, (what ever the reason) will land you in the poo.

You need address the knee jerk thing. Please sort it, otherwise, you could permanently damage someone, get badly hurt yourself, or end up in prison. And nobody wants that.

Greg.

Must admit, I can see where you're coming from with that but I reckon it's kind of cheating.

I mean, since when did touching somebody with a gun magically kill them?

Well, no of course not, but I could just pull the trigger after all and everyone knows my stance on headshots.

As for sneaking around electro, well you would be amazed. Certain players, myself and Ed included, are trying to make it into an artform!

Archived