Airsoft knife kills?

TheRighteousBrothers

I got a couple at the last OP I was at. Unfortunately the gun I was using went down so I was limited to the knife. First kill happened at the enemy village. I made my way into the village unnoticed, then waited for an opportunity to get some. I saw someone enter one of the buildings so I decided now was the time to make my move. I ran out into the open towards the building. Once there I threw in a grenade and got him; and through an open window saw someone outside by a tree. As fast as I could I made my way to the tree and knifed him, about this time his buddy saw me and lit me up with his G36.

The next kill happened on a "Logging Road". I was talking to a few of the 5 RAC guys -a local team that is Brittish themed- and I got to how all 4 of them got killed; A sniper team had apparently taken them out. It wasn't too long after this that a sniper and his spotter started walking up the road. So I tore off down the road at them, both of them froze up and didn't know what to do, I got the spotter and the sniper just ran down the road. By this time the RAC guys and I are laughing. So I just turned around and started to walk back, when all the sudden I got shot.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is the only real advantage of knife skills- when you absolutely do not want to give away your position.

Of course, the chap standing up next to your shouting "HIT" might present a bit of a problem in this department...

also, knife hits can be confusing on the target, meaning once you do it, they may very well just say "wtf, where did that...oh, right...can you do that?" which kind of puts the ky-bosh on any hopes of a stealthy attack.

(mind you all i just read the topic title, nothing else)

If you want to do knife kills, you should get those simple ones for like 5 bucks at a party store that have a plastic retracting blade. Just a suggestion for those who really shoot for the realism of burying a knife in a friend's belly (not really). It's also pretty safe. That's my contribution.

Are you trying to play a game or show someone up / make a point about your leet ninjs skills? If the knife is such a better kill why do we even bother with such expensive nonsense as an AEG? What you have described isn't the essentially friendly and all around enjoyable game I'm used to playing.

I totally hear what you're saying. However, it depends where and with whom you "play." If airsoft is a happy jaunt in the countryside with your pals whilst playing dressup, then by all means, there is no need for "humiliation kills" and bragfests. However, if you have ever played at Elektrowerks, you will quickly come to realise that it's possible to have a friendly and enjoyable game of airsoft, whilst at the same time conducting it in an aggressively competitive environment. If you have ever watched a bunch of friends playing 5-a-side football or touch rugby, you'll notice just how many different "levels" of competitiveness there are amongst friends.

As for "deserving" to be on the receiving end of a humiliation kill? Well, speaking as a guy who has thrown thousands of pounds into kit, had CQC training from a variety of instructors, and is a member of a reasonably hardcore team of airsofters, i have taken every opportunity to minimise the chances that my opponent has of being victorious over me. If he is still able to cap me despite all this, then truly his talent far exceeds mine, as well as every advantage i have given myself over him. If he is able to do it without a gun? Jesus Christ, it's time to come back down to planet Earth...

• 5 months later...

I do knife kills, I think it's really well suited in smaller CQB games... usually amongst people you're friends or at least familiar with ^_^ (we've used swords too)

private games, and such, but I've never gone to like a "site" and played with the knife kill rule

So yes, Under certain circumstances~!

• 3 months later...

once ran round the back of a barricade just to discover a guy with a SAW who hadnt seen me. We were playing one of these 'tag the post' scenarios but we had to wrap it in tape, to avoid any skeptical calls. I was one of the guys with a roll of tape and we were given ammo boxes to carry em. Used the ammo box to knife kill the dude. Safe to say he wasnt best pleased.

Well i'm hoping to remove the knife from my ak74 bayonet and make a cast of it so i can knock up some plastic or rubber ones, reassemble and i have a safe(ish) bayonet. Personally i'd love to hear somebody yell fix bayonets in the middle of a skirmish :)

Not questioning anyone personally but is it just me or does anyone else think some of these stories sound.....well a little like BS.

I know if knifes kills were not discussed before the game and somebody tried to grab me from behind and drag their rubber knife across my neck i'm going to be pretty aggressive with my elbows flying back into their jaw.

just be careful, not everybody is going to take that kind of physical contact very well.

if you are pretending to stab someone and the person chooses to "pretend" to defend themselves with the butt of their rifle bad things are going to happen.

Well i'm hoping to remove the knife from my ak74 bayonet and make a cast of it so i can knock up some plastic or rubber ones, reassemble and i have a safe(ish) bayonet. Personally i'd love to hear somebody yell fix bayonets in the middle of a skirmish :)

Soft rubber. Plastic or hard rubber can still injure someone.

Not questioning anyone personally but is it just me or does anyone else think some of these stories  sound.....well a little like BS.

I know if knifes kills were not discussed before the game and somebody tried to grab me from behind and drag their rubber knife across my neck i'm going to be pretty aggressive with my elbows flying back into their jaw. 

just be careful, not everybody is going to take that kind of physical contact very well.

if you are pretending to stab someone and the person chooses to "pretend" to defend themselves with the butt of their rifle bad things are going to happen.

From my own experience and from what others have written over the years, I would have to say grabbing someone and trying to drag a knife (be it rubber or plastic) across their neck to be a very bad idea. Even with friends, you have no idea what might happen in the intensity of battle. Different people react differently. If it were me, I would at most lightly tap the other player on the shoulder with my free hand and say "You're dead/out" and have my weapon (rubber knife or pistol) visible in the other hand held close to my body. That should be clear enough to say, dude I got the drop on you, but not threatening enough for the other player to freak out or react defensively in a gut reaction (hopefully anyway).

Well, I use my 'dirty dagger of doom' (boker training knife) on a regular basis & never have a complaint.

Most people are too ashamed that they got 'done that way' to make a fuss.

Just to clarify this is during cqb games on sites where contact rules are well established, so no one freaks out.

Greg.

Archived