Sunglasses

HaVoC

Like the title says, I need a hand finding a pair of decent sunglasses capable of taking RX inserts and withstanding some abuse. Style doesn't bother me (as long as they don't have an MP3 player built in Roll Eyes) since I'm struggling to find something to fit.

I have a wide top of my nose (not sure on the technical name, sorry, but I mean the bone underlying the skin seems to be wide) and I generally have a small face. Hard combination to find glasses for, for sure.

For reference, Oakley Minutes look to be about the right width, but sit too high on my nose (they put presure on the top and get uncomfortable quickly).

M-Frames (old style) sit a little higher than I'd like, too, and seem a bit wide and open around the sides.

My current prescription glasses look like this:

IMG_3004.jpg

You can see how wide they are across the nose.

The two options I'm weighing up are either a pair of ESS ICE Naro glasses (how wide are these on the nose?) with RX inserts, or something from the Oakley range (suggestions?).

Also, I assume the lenses for the new M-Frames are the same width in the nose as the old ones?

So yeah, any help you can offer really, short of the suggestion of me banging my nose on a rock until it's a better shape... :)

Yeah, that's what I'm looking at. The problem is finding a pair to fit right.

I'd like a pair of A-Wires or similar, but they look a bit narrow over the nose.

I've sent one email to a UK Oakley RX dealer, and another to ESS themselves, so we'll see.

Archived