Best camo for field?

MadCat360

I play at this field (Below), and I need recomendations on camo (Not Multicam) to replace my U.S. woodland that would work in this envoirnment. But it still needs to look good with a U.S. woodland pattern vest and pouches.

My current camo really doesn't work all the great. I'm basically looking for a medium between the leaves on the floor and the green brush.

Pics of field:

05.jpg

06.jpg

10.jpg

07.jpg

+1s for all helpful posts.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I second the suggestion. MARPAT is quite affordable and still looks pretty good with woodland gear. You can check out many pics online of Marines with their old interceptor covers on them and it doesn't look half bad at all.

You may want to give a shot at the ACU's in that environment. I play in a similar environment and I have found my ACU's to be effective despite what many say. That might be because I'm a sneaky ###### but camo is only as good as the player. The almighty multicam can be ineffective if you can't move sneakily (can sneaky be made into an adverb?).

Both are equally affordable but for reference here's my ACU's in a similar environment.

n22610700_30773882_2328.jpg

I don't have any picturesof me in my MARPAT because I don't use it in the environment.

i'm going to take a wild leap and say the russian camo Kamysh. (sometimes known as Tigr) essentially its like US tigerstripe, but the patterns slightly different, and it's more brown. i've seen pics of people wearing it in that sort of enviroment and it looks very good.

www.redsoldier.com would be your best bet :)

I forgot to mention there's a guy on the ACU pics thread with his ACU's in an environment that is remarkably similar to the one you posted pictures of. His picture more accurately shows how well the ACU is capable of breaking up shape when you have a mix of dead and live foliage. You can't miss the pic but I wont post it since it's not my picture.

the woodland you have pictured is fairly similar ( a little colder over here ) to our local site,

flecktarn works really well, some even say better than the dpm as worn by nearly all of us, but the guys in flecktarn are quite hard to pick out if they are in the scrub etc, also on brighter days the desert flecktarn this time of year when things are wilting and dying off has blended in really well too

both are available from www.flecktarn.co.uk,

hope that helps

MARPAT will probably be the easiest, and best choice for you to get in the US. Especially if you want to have a reasonably authentic consistency with your Woodland gear.

Or, if you fancy something a bit more exotic - do check out the Russian and Ukranian patterns on Trident Military.

You kind of stick out in that pic.

Acupat seems the best, since it's got a lot of green, which your field does as well.  Meanwhile I think marpat would be a bit dark for what you need.  Here's a pic...

Sg10_2.jpg

Not much green I can see there.

ACU is for use at night to reduce night vision signature.

What? I'm assuming you don't mean thats the only thing ACUs are used for because thats ludicrous.

Army Combat Uniform, or ACU, is a new combat uniform (battledress) to be worn by the United States Army. It uses a universal camouflage pixelated pattern of camouflage. It blends green, tan, and gray to work effectively in woodland, desert, and urban environments. It also features numerous design improvements based on input from soldiers.
Army Combat Uniform, or ACU, is a new combat uniform (battledress) to be worn by the United States Army. It uses a universal camouflage pixelated pattern of camouflage. It blends green, tan, and gray to work effectively in woodland, desert, and urban environments. It also features numerous design improvements based on input from soldiers.

Pity it doesn't.

Oh god, not this again  :P

It'll never stop. For the record I mentioned MARPAT as an option. I wasn't saying the ACU IS the solution. If you're only suggestion is "ACU SUCKS!!" then you're not helping this topic. Present options and allow MadCat360 to make his own decision. The more options we present the better the chance he can make a selection that best suits his environment.

Archived