Sniper rifles?

BigRedJ

I've just been considering a sniper rifle, but i'm only just starting to look, most of my experience is with aeg's!

so on initial looks i liek the looks of

the

Maruzen APS Type 96 (with a bit if tweaking)

or

Tanaka M700 A.I.C.S on redwolf.

there arent too many review on here, just after a bit of guidance and input, I dont want to go silly budget wise etc

go with the Vsr-Gspec

its simple, easy to modify, not many moving parts means not many things to break.

plus its cheaper to start out with

its quiet too, just pop a stronger spring etc. and ur golden, i have a friend that tricked his well over 500 easily.

you asked for honest advice, so i'll give it to you.

niether of the rifles you've chosen are great for a beginner sniper, mainly because they're two of the worst value rifles around. you could spend hundreds on getting a type 96 to work properly. i would reccomend a G-spec, as they are cheap, easy to upgrade, and extremely reliable, as well as being unnaturally easy to cock.

however, if you're hell-bent on your choices, then i'd reccomend the Tanaka AICS, simply because it requires little or no upgrading before it functions properly, and it's a lot easier to operate than the notoriously stiff APS2 action.

SS

I'd say don't get either and get a Barret but they really do cost silly money,thats why i've got one :D ,but ye Gspecs are very good rifles but what one of the most important things about a rifle is its comfort factor.Theres no point having a rifle thats uncomfotable to use. The Gspec and Barret are very comfortable but i think the L96 isn't so you should really see what feels right for you before buying one.

Thxs Viral.

And pls no comments on the spelling i now its ######.

Archived