Metal Body, Wood Furniture, Toyko Marui G3 Custom

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words Lance! :)

I built this G3 in the USA, but no FPS increasing upgrades were installed. A tight-bore barrel and a systema motor are the only internal modifications.

As far as legality of using real gun parts on airsoft, I would think if you are able to get the military surplus parts in the UK, it would be ok to use them. It is just a wood stock and foreend -- but I don't live in the UK, so I will leave it up to others to speak on this.

That said, I don't think Arnie would have posted it if it were not legal.

-WMH

Please post your comments here about WMH's Metal Body, Wood Furniture, Toyko Marui G3 Custom project here. Thanks folks.

You're talking about making a CETME rifle right? It would be great but why not make a G3A3 Rifle better with real G3A3 Furniture?

Edited by Asso
You're talking about making a CETME rifle right? It would be great but why not make a G3A3 Rifle better with real G3A3 Furniture?

No, not a CETME, there are many small differences between a CETME and a G3 and the foreends look very different. I did just what you suggest with real military surplus G3 wooden furniture. See project:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/p...odg3/woodg3.htm

-WMH

No, not a CETME, there are many small differences between a CETME and a G3 and the foreends look very different.  I did just what you suggest with real military surplus G3 wooden furniture.  See project:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/p...odg3/woodg3.htm

-WMH

Nice G3. I love it, only that I would leave the barrell long not short, but that's just my taste. ;)

Nice G3. I love it, only that I would leave the barrell long not short, but that's just my taste.  ;)

Thanks! :)

On the barrel shortening with the First Factory 14mm silencer adaptor and the Guarder flash hider; I also like the original barrel ending look, but wanted something a bit more custom.

Also, I found that original part to be a little bit of a wobbly design, the end of the inner barrel is more firmly and securely held by the FF silencer adaptor. This translates to better accuracy. The last little bit of accuracy I could wring out. :)

-WMH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Apologies for the thread revival. *just* found this thread and thought I’d add my $0.02

After reading your project article, I was motivated to do the same to my G3 (metal body + wood stock set).

Ok, so not original, but damn it looks sexy :D

The main issue I found was in finding somewhere that actually sold these wood stocks.

As mentioned above, Cheaper Than Dirt only ship to the US (which can be worked around), but more importantly they rarely seem to have the wood stock in and when they do the stock sells out within a couple of days (I have the stock alarm notification thingie still set up).

So, here’s a list of alternate vendors. Note that my only actual purchase experience was with RTG, who I found to excellent to deal with and very helpful. Not vouching for these other guys at all, just listing what I found.

US SALES ONLY.

The Sportsman's Guide Used condition US$ 29.97 but with extra stuff - cleaning kit, mags etc. Maybe issues with the mags as these are real steal deal.

Same site, better condition stock set (no extras) US$ 39.97

INTERNATIONAL SALES.

Buy MilSurp Near the bottom of page US$ 40.00

RTG International Surplus Parts Hand Selected set US$59.00 (so foregrip and stock matched for colour and wood grain) Std set US$35.00

Cheers heaps for the inspiration, WMH :D

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and all that.

Now all I have to do is buy a G3 sling for it (cause it's a bloody heavy thing lug around the field :) and getting the grey bits powder coated black ... not quite sure what to do about the mags though).

Picage -

G3_complete_1.jpg

Edited by hammer-nb
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
Apologies for the thread revival. *just* found this thread and thought I’d add my $0.02

After reading your project article, I was motivated to do the same to my G3 (metal body + wood stock set).

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Ok, so not original, but damn it looks sexy :D</span>

The main issue I found was in finding somewhere that actually sold these wood stocks.

As mentioned above, Cheaper Than Dirt only ship to the US (which can be worked around), but more importantly they rarely seem to have the wood stock in and when they do the stock sells out within a couple of days (I have the stock alarm notification thingie still set up).

So, here’s a list of alternate vendors. Note that my only actual purchase experience was with RTG, who I found to excellent to deal with and very helpful. Not vouching for these other guys at all, just listing what I found.

US SALES ONLY.

The Sportsman's Guide Used condition US$ 29.97 but with extra stuff - cleaning kit, mags etc. Maybe issues with the mags as these are real steal deal.

Same site, better condition stock set (no extras) US$ 39.97

INTERNATIONAL SALES.

Buy MilSurp Near the bottom of page US$ 40.00

RTG International Surplus Parts Hand Selected set US$59.00 (so foregrip and stock matched for colour and wood grain) Std set US$35.00

Cheers heaps for the inspiration, WMH :D

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and all that.</span>

Now all I have to do is buy a G3 sling for it (cause it's a bloody heavy thing lug around the field :) and getting the grey bits powder coated black ... not quite sure what to do about the mags though).

Picage -

G3_complete_1.jpg

:):):) tres beaux!!!

c est adaptable sans modif sur marui???

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...