What am this gun?

Hoppum

The Sten doesn't have that type of stock...

I think it's a launcher...

Yes it does, look at the above post. A Sten MkIII.

Infact, the Sten MkIII's stock in the both photos looks exactly the same, as it goes down diagonally, the launcher, is horizontal.

i think a sten is a silly idea. even if it looks like one, why would he be using one ?

hes not a WW2 soldier lol, and the guy in front has one aswell. and im pretty sure a sten wouldnt make that much smoke, and dont you hold the sten by the mag at the side ?

thats a launcher for sure.

i think a sten is a silly idea. even if it looks like one, why would he be using one ?

hes not a WW2 soldier lol, and the guy in front has one aswell. and im pretty sure a sten wouldnt make that much smoke, and dont you hold the sten by the mag at the side ?

thats a launcher for sure.

And this guy isn't a Red Coat. :rolleyes:

redcoatdpm.jpg

Just because it's no longer in use doesn't mean they don't still have/shoot them, either for "promotional" purposes/education purposes or whatever.

It may be a launcher, but it definately wasn't the HK69. :)

And this guy isn't a Red Coat.

http://www.defenceimagedatabase.mod.uk/fot...6D5051F9DF29CD6

Just because it's no longer in use doesn't mean they don't still have/shoot them, either for "promotional" purposes/education purposes or whatever.

//Edit: Bad link, uploading it to a gallery.

Or just because his fingers would've been seared off by the charging handle if it were a Sten...

I own a Sten MkII, and this is definitely not one. Holding a Sten that way would make your fingers like mashed potato because of the cocking lever. The Mk3's stock is not hold that way and is fixed a bit higher on the main body. It's trigger guard is more squared, and there is a protrusion under the body cylinder, where the firing mec (fire selector etc) takes place.

Its an arwen 37mm riot gun, of NI fame.

Since 1994, the only one authorised for use in the UK is the H&K L104A1. They might be the same, as I can't find a pic of either. ;)

Here's the document I found which stated this, it's on page 11 if anyone's interested.

Here's a BBC article about the use of baton rounds in iraq, and it mentions the old Arwen-37.

Archived