Where to get a 6004 for a Kimber warrior?

christhesecond

I know Elite in Burnley, U.K. sell Safariland 6004's (Its where I got mine from). Alternatively www.optactical.com in the U.S will ship them to the U.K.

I did order the wrong one though!....it came through to fit a standard 1911, whereas I needed it to fit hi-capa's with rails and also a MARSOC Kimber with the rail added.

It IS possible to quite easily alter the holster to suit the gun, if your prepared to drill out a few holes and cut a "V" shape in it to take the thumb saftey.

Basically, the holster is hard plastic which wraps around on itself, being held together by 3 large screws which also hold the velcro leg strap in place. To make a standard 1911 holster fit a wider frame Hi-capa with rail or standard frame Kimber MARSOC with rail or Kimber Warrior, you basically need to widen the holster width a little. This can be done by undoing the 3 screws, bending the plastic out slightly and then either drilling out the holes in the plastic to "elongate" them, or drilling 3 new holes (all depending on how much the adjustment differs), then screw it all back together.....its also best to remove completely the front width adjuster / roller)

Then depending on the thumb saftey, you may need to cut a small v shape to accomodate it at the top of the holster.....you may find the gun frame is still slightly tight, usually where the rail or in the Warriors case, the frame and built in rail is meeting the suede lower down inside the holster towards the bottom, this can be remedied in 2 ways: 1) use a small file to file out grooves, or 2) just keep pushing the gun in and out 20 or 30 times to wear itself in (helped along with a bit of silicone oil) this is what was done to my holster and it all now works perfectly with either TM Hi-capa's + rail, Kimber MARSOC with rail, Kimber Warrior, or any standard 1911 (although the standard 1911's are a little loose inside it and can "wobble" around a little, but the retaining system stops them ever jumping out of the holster)

I have had mine now for around the last 18 months and had no problems with it at all. (I have 10, 1911 variants, with no problems with any of them in it)

cos i really like the look of it for one. it's not that i'm not gonna use the rail. it's just i will probably get an x200a or maybe b but if i do i can just slot it in the front slot of my eagle PC.

for the mean time i want a 6004 for when im using it at my local woodland sites.

i would only use the x200 for cqb so i would use it that often and would take it off when not using it.

basically i like having the option of the rail and i wil use it in the future but in the mean time i want a decent holster for it.

hope that answers your question chillin.

i'll look into getting it direct from safariland. i've used optac so i could always see if they could get me one, they seem to be a really reputable company.

cheers guys

chris

having experience in both woodland and MOUT airsoft scenarios, i feel like a dropleg is the way to go for both. doesn't make too much sense IMO to just stick your pistol in the front slot of your eagle PC. one you loose all that real estate for pouches, and i would say that the retention is no way near one that of a good dropleg. in both scenarios, whether MOUT or woodland, your primary should be your AEG. your pistol should be your backup/secondary. my natural reaction/draw when deploying the secondary is simply to drop my AEG and reach for my left hip/thigh (i'm lefty), where your dropleg should be. if you are gonna use a railed mounted pistol light, you should just keep it attached at all times. logic says that you will encounter dark areas during woodland play where you may need illumination. and you're gonna fumble around to attach your light?

it makes sense to have your light on your pistol 100% of the time and buy a dropleg that will fit both the pistol with the light. the safariland holster is an excellent piece of gear. secure retention but fast reliable draw (once you train with it). i've got a kimber warrior with a real steel M3 and its the Sh!t. also keep in mind that should you buy a 6004 specifically for your pistol+light, it WILL NOT securely hold your pistol WITHOUT the light attached.

hope this makes sense to you.

having experience in both woodland and MOUT airsoft scenarios, i feel like a dropleg is the way to go for both.  doesn't make too much sense IMO to just stick your pistol in the front slot of your eagle PC.  one you loose all that real estate for pouches, and i would say that the retention is no way near one that of a good dropleg.  in both scenarios, whether MOUT or woodland, your primary should be your AEG.  your pistol should be your backup/secondary.  my natural reaction/draw when deploying the secondary is simply to drop my AEG and reach for my left hip/thigh (i'm lefty), where your dropleg should be.  if you are gonna use a railed mounted pistol light, you should just keep it attached at all times.  logic says that you will encounter dark areas during woodland play where you may need illumination.  and you're gonna fumble around to attach your light? 

it makes sense to have your light on your pistol 100% of the time and buy a dropleg that will fit both the pistol with the light.  the safariland holster is an excellent piece of gear.  secure retention but fast reliable draw (once you train with it).  i've got a kimber warrior with a real steel M3 and its the Sh!t.  also keep in mind that should you buy a 6004 specifically for your pistol+light, it WILL NOT securely hold your pistol WITHOUT the light attached.

hope this makes sense to you.

it makes sense and i appreciate your input but the problem is the light unit i want is a SF x200a which i won't be able to afford for quite some time, there are more important things on my to buy list first. the other thing is that a 6004 for a kimber warrior and x200a is even harder to find.

i don't mind even buying another 6004 for a kimber warrior and x200 for in the future.

i hope you understand that i would like one now for a kimber warrior alone.

this is really because of funds and personal preference due to the fact that i love the look of the pistol itself and feel that a light unit doesn't do its looks any favours so i would only use one when it is necessary.

again it's personal preference really, i like to have a mix of aesthetics with practicality.

some people are different and just go for looks, and some go solely for practicality but i like a good mix. at the end of the day i'm forking out a lot of money for this stuff and i want it to be aesthetically pleasing as well as practical.

it's anal i know but it's just the way i like to do things.

also i have been using the front slot of the PC for a different pistol and find that it works out surprisingly well there for me.

for you i can understand how your natural instinct is to go for your right thigh but for me my natural reactions are so slow anyway but the time i've realised i need to draw my pistol i have plenty of time to think "right....pistol....where is it.....front slot....gogogogo"

i've been scouring the internet for websites with the 6004-56-121 holster and now that i know it has springfield operator in the name i have found a lot of results.

unfortunately everywhere seems to be out of stock.

copquest.com said i can have one ordered and get it in like a months time so that is my last resort kinda thing.

chillindrdude if you have read all this and understood me then there's a medal in the post ;)

cheers mate

chris

Archived