Tokyo Marui Glock 17 Newest 3rd Gen Pistol

Well I have owned M9 Taco. The pistol looks very good and works very well. The Biggest difference to the newer Marui's GBBs is that Hi-capa/p226 etc. shoot almost like double time longer with same gas than my Taco with .25g. After I saw that I sold my Taco and now I'm going to buy this TM's new Glock.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right ;)

Not the Hi-Crappa?

Cheers.

Hehe, I believe snowman's right about the 3rd gen being the Glock 17 version, rather than the latest TM GBB mechanism designs (in fact, I don't think TM called their new GBBs 3rd gen GBBs).

In any case, these TM GBBs are so good these days that it's kinda boring to play them. :P

Now is the G17 actual HeavyWeight material like KSC's metal mixed polymers?  Or is the G17 just like the construction of their existing G26.

It's a high quality ABS lower body which is weighted at the front and the back, basically it fells very similar to the KSC.

One thing i have noticed though and it's a small niggle is that it is slightly over sized so any one with CQC Serpa holsters will find this a tight fit!

Nice pics and information, thanks for that. A couple of comments anyways:

Why would you be put down by the light weight of the KSC ABS frame, when the real one is even lighter than that? I find heavy frames to be even more distracting, because it throws the balance off. IMO it's better to have a bit too light gun with the proper balance, than the exact realistic weight with the wrong balance.

I've never had a problem with the plastic rear plate of KSC Glocks, and they are plastic (with a steel insert) on the real one as well.

AFAIK there are no real Glocks with other than Glock markings, so the Marui trades aren't less accurate than the "mil spec standard" markings of KSC/KWA.

The floorplates of the magazines are terrible. I beg higher powers that someone release a proper base plate soon. Of course if real ones would fit by any coincidence, that would be awesome.

It's a funny coincidence how this airsoft gun is a replica of the 3rd Generation of REAL Glocks and that is a fact. Maybe it's a brand new GBB design as well, but I have to wonder why the entire mechanism looks exactly the same as in the good ol' G26...

-Sale

Nice pics and information, thanks for that. A couple of comments anyways:

Why would you be put down by the light weight of the KSC ABS frame, when the real one is even lighter than that? I find heavy frames to be even more distracting, because it throws the balance off. IMO it's better to have a bit too light gun with the proper balance, than the exact realistic weight with the wrong balance.

-Sale

your welcome, As in regards to your question. Having fired the real steal I can't stand the feel of the KSC version and much prefere the HW versions they released. It's more a personal thing. As for balance the TM G17 is a perfectly balanced tool.

FarEast: I do agree that the TM feels better. Especially the depth of the thumb craters makes a big difference to the feel, and it's a plus in favor of TM against KSC. But I dislike the KSC HW frame from a realism point of view, having owned a KSC ABS G17 and KWA HW G19 as well as a real Glock 19. Now I would choose the TM, but when the choice was KSC/KWA and ABS/HW frames, I found the ABS frame to be more realistic in side by side comparisons.

I guess it's like you said, personal preference. Actually I would prefer if the real gun had a HW frame, since it is less slippery and heavier. The best Glock type frame I've handled was a Dark Hawk... But since the real gun has a slippery lightweight frame, that's what a proper replica should have too.

-Sale

One thing i have noticed though and it's a small niggle is that it is slightly over sized so any one with CQC Serpa holsters will find this a tight fit!

Interesting... the KSC G17 also seems to be slightly oversized since it is very tight in my Fobus (compared to the KJW G32C, which fits the Fobus just right; or maybe the KJW's slightly thinner than it should. :huh: ).

Far East, you said:

''One thing i have noticed though and it's a small niggle is that it is slightly over sized so any one with CQC Serpa holsters will find this a tight fit!''

you mean the TM Glock 17 is bigger than the Real-steel Glock 17?

question; are the TM Glock 17's dimensions all the same as the Real-steel Glock 17?

greets Rick :D

also found a small movie fro mthe new G17:

:D

Ok as far as i know the TM Glock 17 is only compatible with the TM G26 magazines, with regards to HFC I couldn't tell you as  I do not own any of those guns. Also there are no guns at present made by either KSC or TM where you can interchange the magazines.

At a fairly educated guess I'd say yes then, as my HFC 17 mags fit my TM 26 just fine :) thanks for checking.

Damn! that was the main reason I wanted to change from the HFC one, as it's far too tight.

The best Glock type frame I've handled was a Dark Hawk... But since the real gun has a slippery lightweight frame, that's what a proper replica should have too.

-Sale

Glock slide, sigma-esque frame, but yes, amazingly nice to fire. And mine currently has the internals out of my glock 26 inside it, making it even nicer :)

Well I have owned M9 Taco. The pistol looks very good and works very well. The Biggest difference to the newer Marui's GBBs is that Hi-capa/p226 etc. shoot almost like double time longer with same gas than my Taco with .25g. After I saw that I sold my Taco and now I'm going to buy this TM's new Glock.

Mick0,

You cannot give us 3 Taco's without a little Sour Cream and Salsa !!! :P

FarEast- Great review, thank you very much!! :D

Slainte!

;)

-G

Edited by Guinness
Far East, you said:

''One thing i have noticed though and it's a small niggle is that it is slightly over sized so any one with CQC Serpa holsters will find this a tight fit!''

you mean the TM Glock 17 is bigger than the Real-steel Glock 17?

question; are the TM Glock 17's dimensions all the same as the Real-steel Glock 17?

As both the KSC and TM Glocks are oversized, I've found that holsters for the .45ACP Glock 21 which has a thicker slide than the Glock 17 will fit the airsoft KSC & TM Glock 17 much better.

Graham

But surely TM SHOULD become interested in the international market. Theres money to be made, lots of.

Tell that to the people who sell JGSDF gear <_<

Are the night sights just simple glow in the dark sights that have to sit under a light source in order to "charge"?

As both the KSC and TM Glocks are oversized, I've found that holsters for the .45ACP Glock 21 which has a thicker slide than the Glock 17 will fit the airsoft KSC & TM Glock 17 much better.

Graham

Damnit, I wish the TM Glock 17 would have the same dimensions as the real steel Glock 17 <_<

so what you are saying is that the TM Glock and the KSC Glock 17 are both bigger than the Real Steel Glock 17?

or are the slides thicker? (sorry I'm a little confused, my bad)

greets

Edited by Rix

A friend just emailed me this picture and it appears the TM G17 is even wider than the KSC version, so it's definitely going to be a tight fit in holsters designed for the real G17.

I've always used holsters designed for the larger G21, for my KSC G17 and they fit fine.

Not too keen on the seam line on the front of the TM version.

When I get a chance to pick one up, I'll have to use my calipers to measure slide widths on the KSC, TM and real G17.

Graham

post-19891-1163554511_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jon Snow
had mine this morning posted by gunsnguys on the 15th arrived in the uk at my door 8am on the 17th bloodyhell thats super speedy post

the 'night sites' are quite nifty looking, 1st impressions looks quite pleasing :)

let us know how it's performing--> range, accuracy, power(perhaps a soda can test) and your toughts on quality. :D