Tokyo Marui Glock 17 Newest 3rd Gen Pistol

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A friend just emailed me this picture and it appears the TM G17 is even wider than the KSC version, so it's definitely going to be a tight fit in holsters designed for the real G17.

I've always used holsters designed for the larger G21, for my KSC G17 and they fit fine.

Not too keen on the seam line on the front of the TM version.

When I get a chance to pick one up, I'll have to use my calipers to measure slide widths on the KSC, TM and real G17.

Graham

Don't forget that thewide angle lens is distroting that picture and making it seem even wider.

One thing is that KSC glocks have no safety at all, the trigger is not supposed to flick up!!!

I should know, I have 7 of them.

Cheers,

McM

One thing is that KSC glocks have no safety at all, the trigger is not supposed to flick up!!!

I should know, I have 7 of them.

So that means you have 7 manuals as well, which you obviously haven't read. Page 9 quite clearly shows how the trigger safety can be activated.

Verymanynames: I'll try it as soon as I get one. I'm thinking of buying the Serpa for Glock 21 straight away. People say it's too tight for Glock 17 kydex holsters.

-Sale

OK its a very very tight fit for the G22/G17 Serpa Holsters by BlackHawk.

The photos were taken using Macro Photography to show up the detail so the ridge line is very accute in the photos, but to the eye they do not stand out so much.

A comparion between the KSC G19 and the TM G17 I would love to do for you guys, apart from the fact that my KSC is totally modified externally and internally and I would be very upset if the "out of the box" TM G17 wiped the floor with the totally upgraded KSC G19.

But I think i will do it any way!

Hi,

I just bought one of these today from Wolfs with a spare mag.

Having just sold my TM 1911a1 as the magazine /gas consumtion was poo!

Got it home fitted the night sights and gassed up the 2 mags , got almost 3 mags each off for one fill of green gas in each mag, compared to my 1911a1 which just about emptied a mag as long as you didnt rapid fire.

Looks and feels nice and solid in the hand.

Range and power is same as the 1911a1 , got 296 low and 309 high FPS with .20

Rate of fire is damn fast as most new TM's with NO cooldown

Yet again a perfect skirmish piece from TM

Anyone tried this in a SERPA yet?

Update about SERPA compatibility! Don't rush towards buying a G21 holster just yet...

I tried the frame and slide alone in a SERPA holster for G17/G22. They fit perfectly, so the frame or slide thickness is not a problem. (This essentially means that a holster for a bigger Glock is not necessarily the optimal solution.) When assembled however, the gun is too tall to go in. You need to dremel the frame to get a good fit. If you do a good job, it won't be really noticeable. Working on the slide without leaving obvious marks would be a bit harder...

To find out where to dremel or file the frame, spray the inside of the holster with silicone spray, and insert the gun into the holster pressing the slide towards the top of the holster. You will get silicone marks on the slide and frame. Dremel off where the frame was marked. Repeat and repeat. I ended up dremeling mine at a roughly 30 degree angle, so the silhuette of the gun was not changed. Basically you don't change the shape of the frame, only scrape off stuff from the surface. I worked on the frame for the entire length of the accessory rail, and all the way to the front of the trigger guard.

I chose to modify the gun instead of the holster, because I plan to use the holster with a real gun as well. This prevents me from having to buy two holsters, and the SERPA has a better value should I choose to sell it later.

-Sale

P.S. The top "funnel" of an old loading rod will make a perfect buffer for the gun, if you use it for BB IPSC or want a snappier action for other reasons. Slide travel is reduced by over 10 mm, but the slide moves a lot faster than before. Just take the plug, file one side flat (it will face the barrel), disassemble the recoil spring and put the buffer, thick end to the rear, between the recoil spring and front C-clip. It will be in front and move with the slide.

-same

Edited by Sale
  • 3 weeks later...

I got mine just a few minutes ago, and man do I love it!

This is my first GBB Pistol and boy did I hit home with the Marui model. This thing looks amazing and has a great feel to it (much better than that M93r AEP I sold a while ago)! The manual sucks as usual (this may be my third Marui, but man being my first GBB, I wanted at least a few translations!) but the pictures were very helpful and informative. Magazine holds 23-25 bb's, and a good fill of 134a gas will easily get you 2 mags worth of shooting.

This gun has a kickbutt performance. I can't even really describe how good it shoots (Only got to shoot it like 6:30 in NY, and it's really dark out, but I turned on our houses bright outdoor lights) but compared to the UHC M9 I shot on propane, this thing has the same kick and velocity as that on 134a! Now I don't have a Chrono around, but I would say it probably shoots 15+ FPS slower on 134a, but imagining this thing on propane, this would easily surpase that junky M9 I got to borrow a while back. Accuracy is really good, and with pistols, you only get better and better with practice (just like real handguns). Range just plained shocked me, I had no idea that a Marui blowback would shoot as far as an AEG...thank goodness for Marui hopups.

Overall, this thing is amazing. I will take some more tests with it tomorrow, but for other questions just ask. Extremely well worth the money, with a surprisingly great performance on the puny 134a gas! I'll would put pics up, but in no way are they as good and informative as those of FarEast's already great review. Thank's FarEast as your review convinced me to get this gun!

I got my 3rd gen TM Glock 17 through the other day and just picked up some gas today. Using Abbey predator ultra in it wasn't too bad at all. I was after green, but the shop didn't have any. -_- I am very pleased with this gun. Its kicks nicely, it shoots accurately and fairly far too. I remember redwolf airsoft said that this would shoot over 300 feet, which sounded a bit too much to be true, but i honestly don't think that its too far off. It can hit the bottom gate of my garden that my walther ppk c02 pistol can, which is shooting 4.5mm copper bb's. It obviously takes longer to hit it, but i was very surprised with how long the bbs were staying straight. I tested for consistency with the shooting too. Over about 30 feet i could get every shot out of the mag into the provided targets. Not necessarily all into the centre circles but all into a target about 10cm wide, over 30 feet, and im new to airsoft too. ^_^

Also, to come back to a point that i remember someone asking before in this thread, the safety switch is indeed metal.

Overall, I am very pleased with this gun. Highly recommended.

Hehe, thanks Tony. I managed to totally disassemble it to just have a look at the internals too, even though i only had the Chinese instructions to work from. I was quite proud actually considering i have a very basic knowledge of airsoft and especially the internals of the guns. I put on the glow in the dark sights too, which look pretty sweet. I also took a load of photo's which are over in the pictures of your latest acquisition thread.

Oh, sorry. Please excuse my regional ignorance. But then again, can't read Chinese or Japanese so I'm hardly going to be able to tell the difference lol.

P.s. It seems as thought the 'Tokyo Marui Glock 17' link in your sig is busted.

Edited by Wedgie