Tokyo Marui Glock 17 Newest 3rd Gen Pistol

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The G17 by Marui does have splendid performances even on Green gas. It will max out at 290 FPS with .20grams BBs. Best thing to know is it still features the same diecast chamber on the upper slide therefore it is known for the hammer on the G26Advances to break the chamber (not nozzle). Also, if you put too much green gas in the magazine and fire, the gun will shoot the first round and the slide will lock back with the slide off the frame tracks. Thus this will result in the trigger's arm catch to bend out of shape resulting to more slide locks. This problem is easily fixed by bending the part back in shape.

The slide catch on the gun has been reinforced therefore there hasn't been any problems of the plastic slide wearing down fast. It is only that you do not want to fill the magazine full with green gas. Not only the slide will lock back and the trigger arm part will bend out of shape, the trigger itself will lose the cocking indicator function and the trigger will not depress.

Back to performances, this gun in Zero Wind conditions will be able to shoot an entire aircraft hangar capable of housing 2~3 P-3 Orions. I was test shooting this gun in my part time work to see the range and accuracy of the gun and it shot from point A to point B, Wall to almost reaching the end of the hangar. Very impressive performance, blowback, details, and power.

Edited by Shinden

Yes you can fill the magazine with green gas. It is that the gas might be too strong on the slide when firing. It is not the temperature in Hawaii because it was tested at 72F and it was also tested outside at 81F. There was only the problem when the magazine is fully filled with green gas. My best suggestions is gas the magazine before its full.

hi there from NEW ZEALAND well first off great review and I will be adding this to my new year must have list!! :) Its good to know that the grip is warm to the touch not like on a ksc 18c that feels cold and plastic like,Im in the market for another glock at the moment and couldnt decide on either a ksc glock 19(all the previous problems have been addressed in this model)or this the tm 17,but after reading this in depth I must say Im swayed towards the tm model.

Just though I would mention after market metal slides are now released from here

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/index_ie.jsp

they are from shooters design brand etc,and after having seen one of these slides on a ksc glock I know they will be of great quality.Im sure all the retailers will be listing these soon.

keep up the great reviews fareast!!

brilliant.

Off now to catch some :Zzz: as its new years eve tonight happy new year to all.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi FarEast,

(Or anyone who has both)

I needed to ask about your opinion on the KSC glock 17 vs. TM Glock 17.

Why because it seems that for $130 I can get a KSC Glock 17, which has 'more real markings' (no "Made in JAPAN by Tokyo Marui), and it comes with a metal upgraded slide by G & P. This sure looks more tantalizing if they both perform just as well. That's IF they both perform equally as well.

The TM one however based on the pictures seem to be better made (maybe its cause its made in JAPAN by TM and not TAIWAN by KSC).

So with this in mind, which would be the better bet in your opinion, A TM glock 17 made in Japan with unrealistic markings and a plastic slide (upgrade costs another $120 according to you), or a KSC made in Taiwan with more gun like markings,with a metal slide upgrade included for $135. (DEN)

Also, did you record the FPS for TM G17 ? and its accuracy?

Well i'm looking for something that has everything a gun enthusiast would like, as real as possible to the actual gun, and fires dead accurate.

Many thanks and excellent review, it would be nice to see more reviews from you.

BabuFish

Beg my pardon, i'm referring to the KSC G17 Metal slide version from Cobra which sells for $135.00

On another note, KWA is made in Taiwan and KSC is made in the exact same factory. They ship it to Japan and package it differently and call it KSC. Both KSC and KWA is made in Taiwan. I'm sure many here can confirm that.

Edited by BabuFish
Beg my pardon, i'm referring to the KSC G17 Metal slide version from Cobra which sells for $135.00

On another note, KWA is made in Taiwan and KSC is made in the exact same factory. They ship it to Japan and package it differently and call it KSC. Both KSC and KWA is made in Taiwan. I'm sure many here can confirm that.

KSC comes w/ trademarks & plastic slide and KWA has no trademark but metal slide.

Personally i would build off the TM Glock 17.. The functions and hop-up unit are similar to the TM 5.1 which is one of the most accurate / consistent shooting GBB out of the box.

The KSC Glock is notorious for shoot stray bb's. The hop-up unit in my opinion is garbage. Plus side is that KSC makes various Glock models.. If you’re going with a KSC get the Glock 34 model.

The realism/trademark issue is tricky. Sure the TM has "Made in Japan" on it, but a lot of KSC and KWA models lately have had some dumb "mil spec" markings and such. Not realistic at all.

The TM has the Glock logo in the grip and a lanyard loop hole. I notice these much more than the markings on the right side of the gun, as I'm right handed. Then again the rear of the slide is more realistic on KSC, and the trigger remains back when pulled as on the real one.

It's what you emphasize really. Neither is perfect so you need to make choices.

-Sale

• 1 month later...

Sorry for fishing up this thread, but Sale, you said you need to make choices because neither the TM or the KSC is Pefect. When you need to choose, which one would you pick?

I am asking you since you seem to know much about both :D

greets

Edited by Rix

Meh, it's another of the thousands upon thousands of Glock models running around on our skirmish fields. Japanese market only interest or no, TM should be pioneering the AEP concept instead of bringing back old news. Everyone went more than a little nuts over the MP7 than they ever will a new Glock. Their loss.

I just got the Guarder recoil spring with spring guide + hammer spring set here. Best twelve bucks I've ever spent, the pistol went from 280 fps to 300 just with the hammer spring. I'll see if I can fit a 6.01 barrel and modify the floating valve to get some more.

-Sale

Edited by Sale
  • 3 weeks later...
Those Guarder steel slide sets look mighty tasty... anyone have any first-hand experience with those yet?

I have one.

*Tokyo Marui G17 3rd Gen 112.90EUR

*Guarder g17 metal slide set for marui 168.00EUR

It is NOT a drop in set, required a bit of filing on the blowback chamber to get it to fit. There's a 200% recoil spring included, which make the replica feel good, but I'm wondering what it'll do with preformance, I feel it doesn't cycle all the way back with the 200% one.

It looks and feels the business though!

img2848ed9.jpg

img2853ij9.jpg

img2854ya8.jpg