• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Guys,

can you tell me if it's needed to modify something to use Green gas and how much power it will add?

All you need to do is buy a metal slide and barrel set, and your set to use green on ur G17. Dont know exactly how much power it will add, but it will be enough :P

All you need to do is buy a metal slide and barrel set, and your set to use green on ur G17. Dont know exactly how much power it will add, but it will be enough  :P

If it's not too much for asking -- can you give me links to those parts and/or approximate cost.

I'm newbie in airsoft so it will help me very much.

I've heard that using green gas with this gun will greatly decrease it's life time.

Is it true?

If it's not too much for asking -- can you give me links to those parts and/or approximate cost.

I'm newbie in airsoft so it will help me very much.

I've heard that using green gas with this gun will greatly decrease it's life time.

Is it true?

Im not sure about greatly but, prolonged use with GG with the G17 on stock will hurt it a bit. Like shatter the slide or something.

Do you plan on buying overseas or want to buy something from the states?

do you already have the gun and just need the metal slide set?

Hong Kong:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...e%20For%20Marui

US:

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index....roducts_id=3121

if you dont have the gun already you can find it at HK stores.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...PS-G17_srch_G17

or at a US store:

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index....roducts_id=2902

I'm using GG in my stock G17 and it's running like a champ, Shinden on this board said to not gas up teh mags all the way if you're running it stock though.

You do realise that that will make no difference whatsoever?

Im not sure about greatly but, prolonged use with GG with the G17 on stock will hurt it a bit. Like shatter the slide or something.

Proof, please.

:zorro:

Here's a fact for you: Green Gas does shorten the life span of a GBB pistol.

While I've personally seen broken plastic slides on quite a lot of pistols of various brands (KSC, TM, WA), it's not a common occurence, so it's relatively safe.

The TM G17 has metal reinforcements in the front of the slide as well as the slide stop lever notch, so it's built to last even though it's ABS. As far as I know, there are no reports of broken slides on that model. So you don't really need any upgrades to run green gas in that pistol.

-Sale

KSC guns tend to lunch their internals on Green Gas (if they fail at all).

WAs can break slides (Tanakas, too) - something to do with the high metallic content of the slide AND the fiercer kick than the TM or KSC gas systems.

TMs can break, but it seems fairly rare. Even the 1911 seems pretty reliable, proving that guns don't need to be made of springer plastic to be so.

To be honest, you don't seem to hear that many breakages of any make on green these days, although it's bloomin' hot today and there are a few guns I wouldn't run Ultrair Summer gas through in my loft today! (30C+)

Cheers

Edited by snowman
  • 5 weeks later...