Kart M14 - M66

M14 - KART M66

Real Steel :

Enverything is written here http://world.guns.ru/assault/as15-e.htm

Informations générales :

In this review I will only talk about the specs of the Kart M14. Everything that is related to the Marui M14 can be found here and there

The pictures belong to Rambo from the ACM forum , they are used with it's authorization and are temporary, as my camera is completely dead.

What you get :

Box, AEG, hi-cap magazine, battery charger (400mAh, european connection),large type battery, manual, waaaaay too short sling

Caliber - 6mm

Gearbox - Version 7

Motor - EG-700ish

Fire Modes - Auto/Semi

Magazine - Hi-cap (470bbs)

Length - 1120mm

Barrel Length - 500mm

Weight - 5.8Kg

Battery - 8.4V 1500mAh Ni-Cd Large (included)

Power - 330fps (got to check it thought)

Kart's replica :

Being a M14 lover for a while, I needed the airsoft version, but Tokyo Marui's one was a bit too expensive for my low budget...till a cheap version was announced on chinese websites. Philipinos were the first to have it, and they helped me a lot in my choice. Especially Rambo from the ACM forum. The users opinions and the disassembled gun pictures on the ACM forum were so appealing, I had to get one quick. It's realease on the Gunner Airsoft website happened a week later and at the moment the money was gathered, I bought it instantly. Two weeks of waiting before the postman arrived and here it is ! I had to pay 41€ of customs taxes though, I should have orderd it from Airsoft Paradize in France (169€ right now :S ).

kart-m14-01.jpg

kart-m14-03.jpg

First of all, the thing I thought when I saw it in it's huge box is "WOW". The metal parts are wonderful, the paint is clean, matt and well applied (unlike my previous Cyma CM.028). The cocking lever noise is a real pleasure to ear, the whole main receiver is made of a strong metal. I noticed a slight game in the receiver, probably a screw not screwed enough. The magazine is about the same quality as Star's ones.

kart-m14-24.jpg

kart-m14-22.jpg

kart-m14-17.jpg

The fake wood is quite well reproduced, better than a Tokyo Marui M14, but it's even better on the CM.028. It's made of two glued plastic parts.The top cover looks very plastic, not the best part of the gun.

As said before it's release, the gaz tube and other parts from the front set are made of shiny dark gray plastic. Very near, you can find a little 20mm rail (to fit bipods) with a sling ring. You can remove the rail but you'll have to shorten the screws because they will block the cocking lever. The outer barrel and the front sight are made of the same good looking metal.

kart-m14-09.jpg

kart-m14-14.jpg

kart-m14-30.jpg

Now, let's take a look at the rear of the gun, with it's specific two part butt plate (both metal made), the outer one can be opened from the bottom. Beneath this one, you can find the unmovable part of the butt stock, with it's little "window" in the middle. The latter made of cheap plastic unfortunaly, giving access to the battery compartment. The connection is a large type Tamiya, with two fuse (one as a replacement part).

kart-m14-25.jpg

kart-m14-26.jpg

Then, make your way to the bottom of the beast, where you can find the (quickly removable) trigger guard, the trigger, the safe and the magazine well. It feels like surdy and cold metal here.

Several interesting things are included with the gun : a hi-cap, a large type battery and a battery charger (euro connection). But you'll also find a very very cheap crappy sling (the same that's included with most chinese guns, but shorter) and a well maid manual. It only lacks a cleaning rod.

Feelings and remarks:

It feels strength,there is no game (exept the one explained earlier). It's handling is quite natural unless you're used to modern guns shape (M4, MP5, etc...). Then you sight, but there's a little problem...the front sight post isn't aligned with the rear sight and the whole front sight is leaning to the left...I run to look for an allen wrench to disassemble it but actually, the whole outer barrel is badly set. I will have to put it back in it's right position. The weight is well distributed.

Shooting test :

I tested it with 0.20g bbs on about a hundred of shoots : goode range (50-55m) and nice precision (35-40m). There's a slight heated metal smell coming form the mech box.

Pros and cons :

+ beautiful and sturdy metal parts

+ nicely imitated fake wood

+ bundle (hi-cap, battery, etc...)

+ price (what could you expect from a chinese rip off)

- no markings (except the engraved "made in china" on the left side of the receiver)

- plastic gas tube (will be metal on future releases)

- surely some badly assembled parts

Conclusion :

Probably "teh bestest ch1nese replica gnu eva made", with a quality close to Marui. The future versions will surely be better. Let's hope that the reliability will follow with the overall quality !

The standard ratio gear set are a huge bonus over the V7 spur in the TM gearbox, but it makes you wonder whether they enlarged the body a little to fit the deaper gearbox.

Raptor mate, on Cheapos airsoft you posted this review with gearbox pics, can we have them on here?

Here's another decent review with internal shots.

Ice

Piston head looks damaged too.

Raptor, if possible could you find out what kind of hopup rubber is in there and also whether it needs an M14 barrel like the TM, or will any barrel fit? (TM barrel has the c-clip cuts further up)

Cheers mate, great review

Ice

ps, keep us posted on any modifications and upgrades you perform.

I played with it yesterday, it was great. It shoots a bit unaccurately sometimes though, but I think this is due to the inner barrel which floats a very little bit in the hop-up chamber. I guess teflon tape around the barrel and the hop-up chamber shuld resolve the problem. It's hardly noticeable anyway.

The hi-cap feeds the gun perfectly, I've never shot so much round without stopping with such a mag (I had TM, CA, Boyi hi-caps).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

raptor do you use Tm mags or just the Hicap that came with it?

because i didn't have much time to test it while i was in the UK, i got to shoot with it a minute ago

and low and hehold, it's actually a shotty ! :blink:

I loaded the hicap, wound it up, put it in the gun, and i heard it unwind, fired a shot and out came 15-20 bbs :o

anyhow, i have some deepfire mags aswell, so i loaded them up.

On semi they feed perfectly, but on full auto they don't...they skip regulary leaving me with burst of 5-7 without bb's...

stangly the last 20 to 25 BB's in the mag, feed perfectly on full auto...

i don't know if this is because of the gun or the mags though...

Edited by sturgis
I haven't tried it with TM mags yet, but some people say that they need a litlle modification to fit well : you have to reduce the size of the plastic thing that blocks the mag (at the back of the mag).

yeah, the blocks are a little bigger then the hicap one, my first though was to file off the lever abit, but i gues it might be better to mod the mags themself.

Don't know if that would cause the misfeed though...

Do you think you could provide us with some groupings at different distances? Thanks, good review btw.

Also, what is the difference between the DE and the Kart M14? I have heard both that they are the same, and also different. I believe I heard that the DE has more metal parts, and externally built better while the Kart has a higher stock fps.

Edited by ghost_x3

I've just upgraded the gun with a PDI 120% spring, Marui piston, Systema aluminium piston head and Element metal bushings. It seems hard for the battery to pull the spring...

Here are some new pics of the inside :

Kart's sector gear on the left, Tokyo Marui's on the right :

dvc00668fv9.jpg

dvc00680wp7.jpg

Kart's spur gear on the left, Marui on the right (exactly the same) :

dvc00679gy9.jpg

dvc00681to9.jpg

The right side of the gearbox shell :

dvc00670si8.jpg

The left side of the gearbox shell :

dvc00677ei1.jpg

Piston and piston head :

dvc00671ao0.jpg

Marui piston beneath Kart's one :

dvc00672wq1.jpg

Nozzle :

dvc00673jw4.jpg

Tappet plate :

dvc00674fo5.jpg

Edited by Raptor3388
  • 2 weeks later...

i bought this same gun (black) and it arrvied a few days ago. 2 problems....

1. no battery or instructions were included with it.

2. i put my own battery and a clip in and try to shoot, but it just makes a weird clicking sound... no shots at all.....so i take the batttery out and no noise when i pull trigger.....

and so yes i have no idea whats wrong... and im a little reluctant to take it apart on the first few days.... so is there anything in the instruction manual that i would need to know? some built in thing stopping the gun from firing?

Hi,

I think you bought the newer AGM M14, which is known for having a bit more problems than the Kart (the Kart doesn't exist in Black, only Wood and OD).

For the battery and the instructions, you have to see this with the seller or the shop where you bought it.

The AGM MP008 (M14) has reversed connectors...or maybe its the battery that comes with it. I don't remember. But try to put it this way :

A3male.jpg

yes, it's probably the AGM one, does it have a metal gasblock?

I installed a promethues shorter inner barrel and replaced the hoprubber with a TM one., i also switched out the original outer barrel for a PDI 412mm one, so i could fit the tightbore barrel. I also had to use a TM flashhider as the threading of the original one is reverse.

everything fits, except that you have no threading in the outerbarrel to screw the nut on top of the gasblock, however combined with a G&P heatshield it seem to be on secure enough, though i wouldn't recommend skirmishing with it. i'm still missing a part to fit the TM metal gasblock, and with some modding to the tube that holds the spring for charging handle it should be able to fit properly :)

however, when changing the barrels, the gearbox was in my lap, and the *suitcasey* motorconnectors broke off <_< so i'll have to invest in a TM motor sooner then planned :P

Can anyone tell wich motor the TM uses?

i haven't been able to test the modded mag because of this....

here's a crappy cellphone picture of it so far, i'll get some better ones up soon

DSC00148sm.JPG

Edited by sturgis

The TM M14 uses a short type EG700.

I also broke the motor tabs, but I managed to fix it without solding or buying a new motor. I inserted the cables connectors between the metallic "cylinders" and the "wall" under the motor. I then added a bit of electrical tape to be sur the connectors don't go away.

The TM M14 uses a short type EG700.

I also broke the motor tabs, but I managed to fix it without solding or buying a new motor. I inserted the cables connectors between the metallic "cylinders" and the "wall" under the motor. I then added a bit of electrical tape to be sur the connectors don't go away.

short type? so it can't be this, right?

would this systema one fit?

Edited by sturgis

yep thats the problem, red and black wires are in the wrong spots....

so i should just take them out and solder them back into the normal position?

awesome thanks for ur help.......sorry to sound so noobish, i just have always wanted to own an M14 and i dont wanna screw this up.

thanks again for ur help.... saved my life.... and a merry christmas to everyone.....

Edited by airsoftguy72
short type? so it can't be this, right?

would this systema one fit?

The longer one will not fit, but the Systema should fit without a problem as long as it's not the Sig55x/PSG-1 motor.

@airsoftguy72 : you can also try by pulling the connectors out of the Tamiya plug, and reinserting them in the reight position.