Kart M14 - M66

well, i managed to order the little part i needed to fit the metal TM gasblock, unfortunatly i had to order it with a TM original stock, so i choose the OD one for the texturing on the stock.

I will see if it fits, with the gearbox beeing slightly different, and if it does, decide wich one to keep on :P an OD "synthetic stock" would save me having to buy a wooden one to replace the plasticy feel of my current one lol

after i've fitted the metal gasblock, a new TM motor is on the to do list, alongside fitting the deepfire metal nozzle, and possible upgrade of the gearbox...

Edited by sturgis
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's a list of the main problems reported with the AGM MP008 on the Cheapos Forum :

- battery blugs reversed

- non-functionning hop-up on some models (the thing that pushes the hop-up lever is too short)

- the cocking handle will break if you donc place the spring guide correctly (not the gearbox one)

- some misfires

- the Cyma CM.028 shoots better out of box than the MP008.

• 4 months later...
At the front of the gun, near the gas block and muzzle, there is a small collar which is securly fastened to the gun by a tiny allen screw. Undo that and you should be able to pull the receiver and everything away from the stock.

Hmm.

Thanks - however, I tried it and the barrel comes loose, but it is firmly attached to the rear receiver group which is still stuck to the faux-wood.

Any ideas why?

You mean you can't seperate the stock from the reciever? Well, if its anything like my TM M14 alls you do is yank the trigger guard down with a bit of force. The trigger guard should come out and the stock will now seperate from the reciever.

Okay my camera seems to be srewing around. Step one is to pull out the trigger guard from the back towards the muzzle, it should swing like its one a hinge.

Step 2 is to pull the entire section out by either pulling the trigger guard or putting your finger into the magwell and pulling the part where the mag release catch is.

Step 3 everything should slide out and once you losened the screw by the muzzle, the receiver should be free to slide forwards and out of the stock.

Err, unless AGM or Kart (whichever one you folks are talking about) seriously goofed up copying TM there's no need to unscrew the grub screw in the front.

You simply take the trigger guard out, slide the stock backwards from the reciever, then you can pull everything apart.

• 3 months later...

Just like to add, My Kart M14 mag that came with the gun was a little weird, it just wont lock in place and would fall out, so I had to use a TM one which fit perfectly, no wobble at all.

Funny thing is my wobbly Kart magazine fitted perfectly in my friends AGM M14, and my TM mag was wobbly in his AGM M14.It would still lock in place, just not very stable, theres some sideways movements.