AK & Variants Picture Thread

The SLR has a plastic hop up. Aks don't need metal hop-up assemblies, as they're not exposed to any odd forces, unlike those in the the armalite series.

I'm not sure about G&G, but ICS uses a plastic hop-up too. I'm guessing they all do.

And since I'm posting already, let's make it worthwhile :)

Here's a sneak preview of a project I'm building for a friend, a Beryl Commando carbine, I'm guessing it's the first Beryl Commando AEG ever.

dsc0001id7.jpg

All it needs now is the sidefolder stock - I'm working on a new rear trunnion now, I already have the hinge (same as in the rifle) and soon I'll start working on the stock structure itself.

You must already be familiar with the Beryl M96 rifle below... But since the last time you've seen it, it received a genuine early Beryl flash hider :]

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

G&G rk-series has metal hopup  :)

Actually, they don't. I own one and it does not have a metal hop up. It's not needed either because the front end and receiver go together in a far superior way to any other AK on the market.

Edited by [BS]_MARS

G&G Rk-103, with Guarder Ribbed top cover, Realsteel stock and handguards, Cyma pistolgrip (sprayed), converted Izhmash plum magazine and 1PN58 nightvision rifle sight. I'm still working on it though, I want to replace as much parts with real ones

No, our salespeople are pretty stupid.

Maybe you have some early model? Do yours have steel bearings in the mechbox?

Anyways I took some pics :)

rk103 (ak74m)

rkpswebby6.jpg

view trough cobra

cobrahg2.jpg

hu, no... no... not too happy about that one

great rifle

where'd you get that site?

Takedown lever in front of rear sight.

USMC grunt,

You need to be looking for 'Kobra' red dot of which there are several versions. Have a look here or on Ebay:

http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/default.html

http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/default.aspx

http://www.binocularsmart.com/

p.s. please don't quote pictures, please.

Edited by Tommygunn

Nice RPK, make yourself some reinforcement plates, put them on the receiver, refinish it, and it will be very very very nice :D

Don't put a Kobra on a RPK, it looks like *beep* , no modern sights on an older machine gun for me ;)

( yeah I know, I have posted a picture somewhere on the forum of my RPK with a PK-AS, only for the show :rolleyes: )

Edited by spb

Right, since the thread I posted in the techie section hasn't got any response, I'll ask here :)

I'm looking into getting an SRC Krinkov on the basis that, externally it's got everything I need (full metal body, rails, equivalent to vert grip) and internally I'd be replacing everything regardless :P

Therein lies the problem, I already have a TM AK47 and I want the mags to be compatable as it'll save me a few quid :)

And that's what I'm turning to you guys for, can anyone confirm whether or not SRC and TM AK mags are one and the same, and thus are both compatable in both guns? :)

Any help/insight/links etc would be gratefully received ^_^

:geek: