AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ordered from Airsoftgi.com, pretty fast shipping, although they could learn a few things about packaging... the box was almost coming apart when I got it. Good ROF with an 8.4v large, the only gripe I have about it is that the selector is not as solid as my VFC AKS-74UN, but the full length bolt assembly makes everything okay! (goes back to playing with the bolt carrier on the ICS AK74)

Note also that ASGI is selling them for ~250 AND they have a 10% off coupon, won't advertise for them anymore here it is a pic thread afterall.

Edited by lineman66
That looks odd.. does it use the TM rear sight base,gastube , front sight and gasblock?

Those were my thoughts exactly... an AIM is, basically, an AKM with a different handguard. This one seems to have the entire front of an older, 50's AK installed... what's the story behind that gun?

Being this is an British forum, and I'm an Englishman, you never ASK(wtf) for rep, it is only given when deserved, and you don't deserve it. You have an AKM receiver with AK47 parts - very undeserving!

Don't take this seriously(actually do) but you should never ask for credence when credence is not due.

Chin chin.

Edited by Tommygunn

Relax fellas, I was only joking about the reps! :P Now, onto the questions.... this AEG was a demo piece I had the fortunate opportunity to purchase from a local retailer. It even came in a TM AK-47S box, so it was a hint of things to come. Interesting enough, the gas block, tube, front sight, and front sight base are all TM. The rifle is solid as a rock. After pulling the bolt back, it slides forward with a nice *KLACK!* Plus with the laminated finish as beautiful as it is out of the box, Inokatsu has done a bang up job. I'm planning on replacing the front end and outer barrel with some old Guarder steel parts. How about some more pics?

AIM_6.jpg

AIM_7.jpg

AIM_8.jpg

AIM_9.jpg

Edited by Fade
Those were my thoughts exactly... an AIM is, basically, an AKM with a different handguard. This one seems to have the entire front of an older, 50's AK installed... what's the story behind that gun?

Wasn't the AIM more fo an East German modification to the AK? I always thought I read it somewhere...

East Germany used the MPiK, which originally just a German-made AK47. Eventually, they moved to the AKM-style stamped receiver and used stippled plastic furniture, and it became the MPiKM.

I don't remember a German Kalashnikov in that configuration, but then again, I'm not an AK expert.

i thought i would post some pictures of my latest project.

it's a ca 105 converted into a AKM

its still a bit off from finishing but i'm nearly there.

It has a real steel stock and lower foregrip and just needs a upper foregrip to complete that part.

I will probably spray paint the front parts to colour match and the pistol grip needs a little something. I'm not sure of the colour. the camera makes it look brighter than it is.

akm2.jpg

akm.jpg

akm1.jpg