AK & Variants Picture Thread

Absolutely awesome Stagideus, an AK to be proud of. V.2 Deluxe Edition correct? Unless pistol grip is aftermarket. With all these awesome AKS-74UN pics I am becoming very impatient when i comes to getting mine.

Thanks for the compliment B)

That particular AKS-74UN is the v1 DX, fitted with a guarder plum pistol grip, some internal kablash and the free SP1 from VFC. I should have mentioned that right away to avoid confusion..

A word of advice: When you get your AK, buy some rs mags and put airsoft mag internals in them. The rs mags are alot more durable than the VFC/G&P midcaps because in the rs mags the front lip of the mag (the part you insert into the gun first when inserting the mag) are made of metal, whereas the part is plastic in most 74 style airsoft mags. I have personally broken 1 mag when I tried to cram it in under fire (although it might have already sustained damage when I handled the gun rather roughly in an urban enviroment). The RS mags are readily available in the USA, and are in most cases alot cheaper than the airsoft version you will be combining them with.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the advice guys. A few questions though:

1. VFC will send the SP to me free/very cheap right?

2. Is it a pain to install the SP?

3. I seem to have lost track of the location of the AK RS to AS mag tutorial anyone got a link? Recommendations for where to buy RS mags?

Thanks for the help!

Will post pics as soon as i get AKS-74UN!

I've got a question for all you VFC AK owners out there. I've searched for reviews, but can't seem to find one.

How are the internals durability wise?

Gearbox is Version 3 right?

How does the stick type battery hold up?

Any problems with the hop-up?

Any info would be much appreciated. I might even hand out a +1 :rolleyes:

EDIT: Woohoo 200th post

Edited by RRKeith
I've got a question for all you VFC AK owners out there. I've searched for reviews, but can't seem to find one.

How are the internals durability wise?

Gearbox is Version 3 right?

How does the stick type battery hold up?

Any problems with the hop-up?

Any info would be much appreciated. I might even hand out a +1  :rolleyes:

EDIT: Woohoo 200th post

This gun is my next purchase. All i hear about this gun is praise. Here are 3 reviews i digged up about the gun:

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index....ges&pages_id=34

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...topic=57327&hl=

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/...2/cat/16/page/1

to answer your questions briefly:

Internals of this gun are outstanding, i dont own one(yet) but i hear everything is perfect. read the reviews and you will find out

I think the gearbox is v.3?

This baby can hold a 12v battery. the aks74UN is very spacious and if you are comfortable making custom battery packs, you dont have to worry about anything, as long as its a stick type battery :P

What is the story on the muzzle brake?  I have never seen anything like that...

its a jugo rifle-grenade attachment, i have also one at home ;)

so here´s my new guarder akm

(rs sight, rs mag release, rs flashhider, rs 40rounder highcap, guarder bolt)

dscn3629nr8.jpg

my east-bloc guns till now:

dscn3634kk4.jpg

spb - Its a stock G&G Rk104 with a tightbore barrel. I added a non-folding composite aks74 style stock to it that I bought from a friend, and the place that used to sell/make them as far as I know went out of business so I'm not quite sure where to get them anymore brand new. It is meant for a real gun. And like I said before, that is my own crafted wood that I cut from a block of what I believe to be walnut.

[bS] Mars - I have a leather sling I put around the stock, but just had it off at the time because I just put the foregrips on the gun. I need to get a green canvas one in the future because the leather one I can't quite seem to get tight enough to stay put.

One minor point about the VFC V3 gearbox, they are still using 7mm plastic bushings, I prefer 7mm metal bushings or ball bearings.

@slvrgtstang: can you post a kit list of that gun please?

@skattergunn: see this topic http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=94409

vfc aks74un uses plastic bushings?

Yes, but they are easily swapped. Besides, I, and several friends of mine have had no problems with them, although I replaced them with metal ones for long-term durability.

Edit: Hoppum got to the point first! (Poor lad couldn't hold it in.. :waggle: J/k!!)

Edited by Stagideus

Ok finished the battery stock, because the first 1/2 of the gun looked so sharp, I had to make it look not so ghetto rigged with the taped battery, so I made my own stock now. Its not exactly the right shape or width as a real AKM/AK104 stock would be, but I built it with the consideration of housing an 8.4v large battery pack, which it does. Its an extremely tight fit, but it fits nonetheless.

GGRK104wWood.jpg