AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right, finally finished my backup/loaner project. Started out as a CM.031, got a new body (Element), some woodhandguards and a fixed skeleton stock done using the plasticmag method (thanks!). Also did some minor mods like giving the bolt a notch and spraying the front set flat black so it matches in colour more.

I added a siderail so I could mount scopes.

Internally it's still pretty much stock.

DSC04079.jpg

A couple more pics of my CYMA 028S. It has a long way to go to what ever it will be (AIM, RPK, AK74) but it's getting there. Also, I custom painted the mag this morning along with the body (This time it turned out better) and Reciever cover. And that mag I put all the work into, doesn't even work. Damn G&P mags......

Anyway,

P1200043.jpg

P1200042.jpg

Hey, just got my VFC AKS-74 today. It's really nice.

<pics>

There's also a Marui Hardballer in the background, but it's out of focus.

I'm very tempted to sell the AKSU and get one of these . . . which do you prefer?

>Edit for forgetting to take pics out muppetry

Edited by Robot 2000
I'm very tempted to sell the AKSU and get one of these . . . which do you prefer?

>Edit for forgetting to take pics out muppetry

TBH, I wouldn't trade my AKSU for anything; it's my favorite rifle ever made as far as the real-steel goes. Both of them are excellent rifles, though, as per VFC, but from an absolutely practical standpoint I think the AKS-74 has a slight edge. It's got a long-ish barrel, but it's still rather compact because it's got the folding stock. and it would look amazing with a GP30.

Tough decision, really. I think it's mostly a question of aesthetics.