AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So as you don't try and make it 'tactical'.

I have a quick question. Will these fit a CYMA CM .028-s? I know it says for Marui AK, and the 028 is an almost exact copy, but I wanted to be sure.

More than likely, though why you'd want to put such a fugly thing on an ak is beyond me.

Edited by Hoppum

Just found my trusty junior hacksaw today so I was able to finish a few 'mods' and finish building it:

My new Inokatsu 104:

Inokat104full.sized.jpg

To play on the safe side, I've installed a Guarder FTK kit into the gearbox, with a prometheus spring which shall remain unamed here (forum rules, yadda yada) to bring down to a more reasonable level. I've yet to chrono it, but the 9.6v 1400mah stick batteries give it a nice kick when I fire, and the rifle produces a truly notable note, despite being a AEG...

...And unlike the G&G I had before, the stock fully folds:

Inokat104fold.sized.jpg

Needless to say, I'm a happy man. Many thanks to Elmer of Checksix Airsoft for sorting me out with a 104 kit quickly and cheaply, and to Apex for very kindly sorting the wiring on a very buggered old gearbox without accepting so much as a penny for his troubles. :)

Just found my trusty junior hacksaw today so I was able to finish a few 'mods' and finish building it:

My new Inokatsu 104:

piccy...

To play on the safe side, I've installed a Guarder FTK kit into the gearbox, with a prometheus spring which shall remain unamed here (forum rules, yadda yada) to bring down to a more reasonable level. I've yet to chrono it, but the 9.6v 1400mah stick batteries give it a nice kick when I fire, and the rifle produces a truly notable note, despite being a AEG...

...And unlike the G&G I had before, the stock fully folds:

piccy...

Needless to say, I'm a happy man. :)

Nice '104. How did you make it a folding stock version, by way off real steel folding parts?

Are the Inokatsu kits easy to fit? Cause I'm looking to get the AKM/'74 style metal body they make, from Redwolf (once I can update the order).

Very nice. I had a much needed day off today so I took some pictures

mini-DSC01561.jpg

mini-DSC01571.jpg

mini-DSC01573.jpg

mini-DSC01570.jpg

mini-DSC01569.jpg

VFC AKS-74n

VFC AKS-74un

Guarder RPK

TM AK47s (Soon to be a donor for an Inokatsu kit)

Nice '104.  How did you make it a folding stock version, by way off real steel folding parts?

Are the Inokatsu kits easy to fit? Cause I'm looking to get the AKM/'74 style metal body they make, from Redwolf (once I can update the order).

I believe it comes as a side folder straight out of the box.

My guarder/inokatsu rpk was ridiculously easy to do, if you can strip an ak down to the gearbox then then you can fit the kit.

Edited by Hoppum

Cheers guys. :) I see you've been busy since I last saw you at MA, Hoppum!

Akray: the Inokatsu 104 kit comes with the folding stock added. I went for one instead of waiting for a VFC full version as I had a hop up chamber and old gearbox spare, but I would wait for the VFC version unless you are planning on converting as I did.

In terms of building the rifle, it really is very straightforward, so long as you invest in a decent set of metric and imperial allen keys before attempting the build (I bought a cheap imperial only set before building the RPK, and was made to regret it).

Both rifles I have now are Inokatsu kits - this one and the RPK, which they made whilst still contracted to Guarder. I think this says a lot for the fact that I am willing to go back to them (that or I'm a glutton for punishment).

I have to say that I have found that there has been notable improvements on the receiver design for the 104 over the old RPK kit I have. That was built on one of the much older RPK kits they produced, and had lots of issues such as a tight body with no channel for the wiring loom, etc. This version is far improved, although you will need a junior hacksaw or dremel to remove the wiring loom hook from your gearbox should you decide to get one. :)

I'd really recommend you approach Checksix for prices before going with Redwolf, by the way. I was really impressed with the quality of service (and the prices! :D)

Anyway, feel free to PM me with any thing else you want to know. Hope that helps. :)

Cheers guys. :) I see you've been busy since I last saw you at MA, Hoppum!

Yeah, the armashites are being sold off one by one to fund the ak habit :P

AKray, try emailing TerryBo at kireekking at hotmail dot com. He's who a got my RPK kit from, and it arrived in 4 days from Taiwan!

He either runs or works with http://akmania.com and can get most Guarder/Inokatsu kits for noticeably cheaper than most places. My RPK was $700 posted whilst on unco its $800 + postage.

I don't see why it would be so ugly. :huh: Would it be better to get the plain black girps, or should I keep mine plain?

First comment wasn't aimed at you, hence why it was above your quote.

And IMO normal ak grips look better and do the job just fine, ak's with rails on them just look plain stupid.

First comment wasn't aimed at you, hence why it was above your quote.

And IMO normal ak grips look better and do the job just fine, ak's with rails on them just look plain stupid.

Ok, I thought it was aimed at me as many people make fun of me for buying 74 style magazines because I liked the way they made the gun look a bit more 'modern'.

Well, that saved me 50 dollars. :) Thanks for your opinion. :)

Edited by 101matt1