AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Keep the wood. You can easily mod a romanian front grip if you want a vert grip. RIS + AKs = raped fugliness.

QFT

altough i had an idea for my ICS AK to put a railed lower foregrip on and remove the siderails so its just one lower rail which would alow me to mount an M203 (which i think would suit an AK quite nicely)

I have a brilliant idea for an AK's look.

I call it the 'I've been horrifyingly abused look.'

I saw a picture of a real AK74U (sorry, I cant find it now) that was in awful condition. The wood was shrivelled and almost black, and the metal was an off-brown. What's good about it though is that it looked like it could still proabably fire ok. To achieve this look authentically, I reccomend getting a steel body set and smashing it around a little, then leaving it in muddy salt water until it looks suitable screwed over.

Voila. :P

What is worrying is that I'm tempted to actually try this.

Problem with most weathered Ak's in airsoft is that it looks like a sanded down Ak, not a weatherd one...

This is the Ak you are talking about? Extreme condition for a gun that young.. must have seen hell

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

This is what a normal used Ak looks like after serious use:

egyserial.jpg

Problem with most weathered Ak's in airsoft is that it looks like a sanded down Ak, not a weatherd one...

This is the Ak you are talking about? Extreme condition for a gun that young.. must have seen hell

IMG_1446.jpg

Is that a hop up tag on the trigger guard ;)

Surely that white zip-tie indicates he's firing over the field limit of 400 fps.

:-)

ps: I thought that was a stove-pipe misfire at first, but you're right..it is the bolt handle. Those AK's have been through a lot, lol.

Armawhores: "Man, I found a new super tactical RIS addition for my already overloaded M4!"

AKwhores: "I figured out that if I drag my rifle through my gravel-filled back yard, it looks the business!"

Gotta love the difference. The HK nuts just sit back with their quiet arrogance and laugh at us all. Bastids.