AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dont yank it, you need to unscrew the gub screw then turn it counter clock wise. Might need to heat it up first. After that there will be a 14mm ccw x 16mm cw thread adapter on it. thats even harder to get off. you need to heat that up also and turn it clock wise to get it off.

can someone tell me how the ak47s folding stock works? mine just goes up and down.

There's a button on the hinge, on the left hand side of the receiver (looking from the back), you push this in (it can be a little tight) and fold the stock under the receiver, remembering to fold the shoulder rest flat. Release the button once the stock starts moving, and the stock will lock in to place when in the correct folded position.

However, if the stock is moving freely, then your locking mechanism is broken.

May as well spam a couple of pics of my AK in it's current state - I took the shotgun off and had a play yesterday, and the result is this...

Wood1.jpg

Wood2.jpg

wood3.jpg

Wooden foregrips, courtesy of my carpentry skills. Only took about an hour to make, too! Not a clue how I'm going to do the stock and pistol grip, though...

^_^ Thanks! I know it's a bit beat up - that was the plan. Hardly fun if you have an AK that looks all nice and new, is it? ;)

And before any nitpickers point it out, I know I'm missing the plastic bit at the back. The wood isn't quite the same size as the original grips, so the plastic juts out at the bottom. So I took it off.

it looks pretty good as it is, but if you wanted it to look more accuarate you would need the vents in the side.

still i kinda like it as it is. i think it would be interesting to see a set of wood crios carved like the plastic AK74 grips. that might look pretty cool

Sooooo not Mil-sim.  :P

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

you were wrong. like i said, this is one of my loaner aeg's for mates. with this mag, they dont need to carry a spare, which means they dont need a rig, i dont need to provide them with more mags or a rig, and it cost less than a tenner from HK.

Umm, well actually...

Well, I stand corrected...

...sadly :blink: . (wow, quadruple stacked?)

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

you were wrong. like i said, this is one of my loaner aeg's for mates. with this mag, they dont need to carry a spare, which means they dont need a rig, i dont need to provide them with more mags or a rig, and it cost less than a tenner from HK.

Oh, I understand that. I was just giving you a hard time. ;)

It's very useful - mine has saved my *albartroth* many a time when the Armalite-###### on the other side of cover needs to reload I can simply rush him.

Seriously, when you don't have to reload when people around you have had to three or more times, you'll start to like it.

The silly ammo capacity of the AK47 is what makes it the perfect loaner. Either use those 1000rd hicaps or use 2 600rd hicaps and tape/clamp them together. Lots of ammo and pretty much 0-5sec reload time. Nice.

Apologies for the spammy post, I'll take some pictures eventually.