AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any tips on making my wood look weathered?

Use it.

I cant stand it when people just take sandpaper to their AKs to make them look used and abused straight out of the box. It looks a thousand times better if its genuine wear.

Edited by evansy
I redid my AK's wear job after I repainted it completely in Krylon Black ultra flat. Now the gastube/barrel/ front sight match my reciver. Other pics upon request.

P4260122.jpg

P4260121.jpg

I would love to have my Ak look like this one. Any tips?

Yes. Yes I do. I'm quite often diving and banging my *beep* around. That's why I say the metal is inferior.

I understand now. I bet that you can find a nice full metal stock for you that won't break...You can always, use a real steel one, i think...

Edited by sgtsampay

sgtsampay, I did that by sanding the metal parts with a 400 grain sandpaper lightly. But before that I primed and resprayed the entire gun Flat black. Then, use a dry brushing technique where you take any old relativly fine point brush and barly dip it in a little cup of silver hobby paint. Then make little streaks over parts like the trunnion, reciver, stock parts etc. Remeber: Don't use to much paint and the stiffer the brush the better.

sgtsampay, I did that by sanding the metal parts with a 400 grain sandpaper lightly. But before that I primed and resprayed the entire gun Flat black. Then, use a dry brushing technique where you take any old relativly fine point brush and barly dip it in a little cup of silver hobby paint. Then make little streaks over parts like the trunnion, reciver, stock parts etc. Remeber: Don't use to much paint and the stiffer the brush the better.

WOW!!! :o I will write this down so i can do it.. also, how did you do the funiture?

Or just drag it across your lawn and driveway... (I'll do that as soon as my AK is complete)

Props for doing it, but I've never been a fan of sanding and painting the gun for the worn look, might as well as just throw it around if you want to put that much effort into it, and and it's much cheaper too ;)

Yeah, I'll never wear my Ak at all, gonna try and keep it as nice as possible.

-Does anyone know if these will work in a TM Ak?  I know it says it does, just wanna make sure.

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/...il?prodID=22221

Yes, they will work. It does say TM AK after all ;)

And Fin, how pathetically awsome is that weapon? I'm going to start saving up for one of those some time soon.