AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the VFC AKs do seem to be picky about the mags they like, when I had my AKS-74UN my ICS AK74 style hicaps needed a forceful push or two before it'll lock in the magwell. On airsoftextreme's website they list some mags which they've found to work well.

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index....roducts_id=2469

about halfway down the page and you'll see a note.

Yeah I found that out today, I had a big Insurgent role playing game today so I bought this beautiful VFC AKS-74UN just for this game a few weeks before, I didn't have enough time to get mags for it so I had to borrow a friends TM Ak47hicap. I could only shoot burst with anywhere from 1-4 bbs firing at a time before I had to wind the mag to 4-15 firing. It was very annoying. I'm going to get some mid caps for furture games.

Just out of curiousity... are there any alternatives to the Inokatsu AIMS kit for converting a TM/Cyma AK-47S into an AIMS?

Hey Jag, check out this thread on AS-R it talks about how to convert the RS romy side folder to fit a airsoft (guarder) reciver.

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=32920.0

On inter ordanence they have a Romy wood set for $20 (bear in mind it comes with the full stock). And cTD has the side folder although I beileve it is east german but it is close enough for a relativly accurate replica.

If you're planing to buy an East-German side folding stock, it will be a pain in the *albatross* to mod both the receiver and the stock... without saying you'll have to find another locking way since the East-German one is different from the Romy one (the lever is not attached to the stock assembly with a lever... and drilling a hole proved impossible with my dremel :()

I've installed a Est-German stock on my Inokatsu AKM, and it was the rear of the receiver that had to be the most moded. Result is very pleasing, except that I didn't find another way to have the stock locked... If I have the time, I'll take pics next WE.

Edited by lovecraft25

The latest one :)

G&P metal body and KA front set just installed (waiting for being crashed ;))

The wood kit is being redone by my gf :)

I'm so happy !

ak47.jpg

AK purists better close their eyes lest you'll find yourself crying.

*casnipped*

You know, if you changed the flash hider to maybe an SVD style or something, and made the aimpoint one of those open ones (like you see on top of P90's and stuff, if you get what I'm saying), it would look really good!

If you're planing to buy an East-German side folding stock, it will be a pain in the *albatross* to mod both the receiver and the stock... without saying you'll have to find another locking way since the East-German one is different from the Romy one (the lever is not attached to the stock assembly with a lever... and drilling a hole proved impossible with my dremel :()

I've installed a Est-German stock on my Inokatsu AKM, and it was the rear of the receiver that had to be the most moded. Result is very pleasing, except that I didn't find another way to have the stock locked... If I have the time, I'll take pics next WE.

make sure it is on securely, i snapped my guarder receiver with an east german stock attached..

Hey Jag, check out this thread on AS-R it talks about how to convert the RS romy side folder to fit a airsoft (guarder) reciver.

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=32920.0

On inter ordanence they have a Romy wood set for $20 (bear in mind it comes with the full stock). And  cTD has the side folder although I beileve it is east german but it is close enough for a relativly accurate replica.

Sweet, my thread got linked here. I probly should have took more pics of the receiver and the cut stock before I installed it. That thing cost me a total of $500 to build which beats the hell out of the $880 on the kit from redwolf. That 500 includes the marui internals. If you check out Krinkfreak.com and http://www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=7, youll find lots of good ak parts for cheap. Just got a romanian sling for it yesterday and it only cost 12 bucks shipped, the guy even gave me an extra for him shipping late.

Heres some better pics of my AIMS if anyone is interested, its got a real romy stock, rear site, wood, bayonet, and sling. I even Dyed a plum guarder grip to match the romy red grips.

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t83/shroomalistic/AIMS/

To straigthen things out about the romy/e-german sidefolders.

The romanian ones sits mostly outside the receiver while the e- german ones has a lot of the locking mecanism inside the reviver. rigth where the gearbox is on the e.g. that means that the romanian ones "should" be easier to fit to a aeg just as lowecraft25 said. both fits to the single receiver tang of a stamped receiver.