AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

very nice, do you recon there is enough space in there to have a hollowed section for a battery (if so could you give an estimate as to what size battery it might be able to hold)

This kit will only allow stick batteries, I've the same gun.

I use 10.8v 1400mah intellect stick batteries without any problem.

Spb, he means would there be enough room if he hollowed out the stock himself. There probably is but it'd weaken the stock and would probably wreck the mechanism for unlocking the stock when its folded.

Edited by Hoppum

Yeah, I know what he means, but no I don't think that's a good idea ;)

First, you have to put the cables through the folding mech, which will damage the cables when the stock is fold multiple times. It's possible, but I don't recommend it.

Second, the inside of the stock is to small to hold a large type battery, maybe a small type will fit but in that cause you could better use stick batteries under the top cover.

problem is (i know this is just being fussy) but i want blowback on my AK and a stick battery wont allow that, plus IMO a stick battery under the reciever cover detracts from the look of the gun.

my idea to keep the cable safe was to butcher a small extendable dog lead and put the mechanism in the narrow end of the stock so that the cables will always be at the right length to not get trapped in the hinge and locking mechanism.

i'd also thought of doing this with a skeleton stock as that would give more room to work with (witout the effort of hollowing or splitting) and i thought you might be able to fit a stick battery in the lower part of the stock. or isnt there enough room

AK blowbacks are pretty rubbish, the bolt only moves about 2cm, increases wear on your piston and if anything goes wrong it can trash the rest of your gearbox. And how are you going to see a stick battery under a receiver cover?

Edited by Hoppum
AK blowbacks are pretty rubbish, the bolt only moves about 2cm, increases wear on your piston and if anything goes wrong it can trash the rest of your gearbox.

Yeah, indeed! It's not cool :P

And how are you going to see a stick battery under a receiver cover?

Maybe he means that you see a little bit of the stick battery through the hole between the rear block (with rear sight) and the topcover?

A little bit of black tape will solve that problem ;)

My latest acquisition :

image2fo2.jpg

(inspiration...)

It's not complete, I need OD MAG magazines. I've already ordered a Cobra and I probably will buy a GP25 with Madbull VOG25.

The second batch of Inokatsu v3 gearboxes is disappointing compared to the first one. Too much powerfull (not chronoed it, but it might be above 350 FPS). It sounds very loud, I probably will redo the shimming and change the main spring.

I just got one little questions for you guys, hope you can answer it :rolleyes: .

Doesn't the motor sit i the grib on the AK47 series? then what about if i want to fit a RS wooden grib, do i then have to carve it or what ? Pictures would help.

One more quick question: Will it fit the TM AK series?

About the grib i was thinking about this one (not the handguard) : akm_pistolgrip.jpg

* sorry if it sounds wierd ;)

Edited by pvt_emu

i was going to install a blowback bolt in conjunction with a systema recoil piston, plasticmag said the combo is a lot of fun (closest to blowback you can get on an AEG), but he did mention a lot of wear on the gears.

if im not mistaken the recoil piston kit is a soild metal piston so i can see it being worthwhile just for durabilty. how much 'recoil' does this give on its own? as im thinking keeping my ICS bolt would be a better idea, plus i would be able to keep the full length bolt draw. anyone used the recoil piston and have any comments on it?

but even then i wouldnt be able to keep a stick battery under the reciever due to the more realistic placing of the guide rod. the only other battery solution i thought of would be to drill though either the sight block or end of the reciever, cut out the bar in the upper foregrip and store a nunchuck style battery in the grip (ICS handguards take down quickly so battery changes wouldnt be a problem). problem is i dont know if there are nunchuck style batteries the right size and i dont want to upset the ballence of the gun too much.

My latest acquisition :

image2fo2.jpg

(inspiration...)

It's not complete, I need OD MAG magazines. I've already ordered a Cobra and I probably will buy a GP25 with Madbull VOG25.

The second batch of Inokatsu v3 gearboxes is disappointing compared to the first one. Too much powerfull (not chronoed it, but it might be above 350 FPS). It sounds very loud, I probably will redo the shimming and change the main spring.

I love you.