AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks good.. but I think it should point out that the stock set you have is for a stamped receiver (all RPK's were), which has a straight angle at the rear.

You put it on a milled receiver which has a slanted rear, which leads to the angle of the stock being quite odd ;)

You won't be able to get the full bolt draw, it'll have to drop down to the 2-3cm so that it matches the piston travel.

no no, i wasnt talking about modding an ICS bolt for blowback (i had thought about it but decided it would be too heavy) and i did figure out a way to get half blowback and full manual draw but i recon it would be too fragile.

i was just talking about using a systema recoil piston and keeping my ICS bolt instead of a blowback one so i could have the shock and durability from the piston and the niiiiice ICS bolt

comments of my battery foregrip idea?

Edited by my_plague_666
oh i thought it was  reciever, stock, pistol grip, foregrips, gas tube, flashhider, receiver cover, bolt

That makes a issue AKM - but what he's saying is that you could take an stamped receiver for 7.62x39 and change a few of those bits and you'd still have an AKM. It's like saying that if you have an SR-25, but you put some parts from a 5.56mm gun on it, it's still an SR-25.

It started as a Guarder AKM kit, then I replaced the furniture.

Real steel AK front sights are pinned onto the barrel, you will probably need to either drill holes in the barrel for the pins to go into or drill a hole on the bottom of the sight so you can attach it with a screw.

It started as a Guarder AKM kit, then I replaced the furniture.

Real steel AK front sights are pinned onto the barrel, you will probably need to either drill holes in the barrel for the pins to go into or drill a hole on the bottom of the sight so you can attach it with a screw.

very, very, hawt gun..

mind telling us what kind of bits you used to hollow out the stock?

purists, you've been warned.

my ak-s 47u tacticool l337 n00b pwner

DSC03341.jpg

DSC03343.jpg

you can see where I chopped and some parts that need a bit of filling and finishing/ painting.

DSC03342.jpg

let the flaming begin!

P.s.

I plan on adding a reflex sight and surefire ASAP!

hahaha!