AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thats an amazing idea! so you could possibly have one made high power with great range for long distance engagements, and the other really high ROF with lower power for CQB or short range engagements. Sounds great.

thats exactly what he's done, he said almost exactly the same thing a couple of pages ago :)

Ugh... I didn't have time yesterday to take pictures. I know it's almost been 24 hours, so I'll post this up at 4:30 in the morning lol.

I'm very curious as to what this stupid RDS is called, otherwise I'd get more than 2 hours of sleep... or try too.

I didn't take pics of my personal AK, so here's Viper's:

4yerr7n.jpg

52fajo6.jpg

And some closeups of the RDS:

4pwjbk8.jpg

[66xet7b.jpg

66o6yh1.jpg

5yai5w6.jpg

Any help would be appreciated!

Edit:

Anyone else crazy enough to attach a rail to a plastic body? If so, how did you do it? I found that superglue can work wonders... lol. I didn't want to buy a tap, to tap friggen plastic, just for this project...

Edited by Five-sEvEn

Dunno, but it holds its dot very nicely, and is a very very small dot when turned down all the way, making long range shots with an RDS an easy posibility.

Comparing it with an Eo-tech, I'd rather get the RDS as it's cheaper, looks better (on an AK at least), and seems to work just the same (except it's thumb adjustable, unlike the eo-tech). The size of the reticle is the only thing that would make me want to buy the eo-tech.

Here's some pics of a custom RPK that I recently finished.

It started out as a TM AK, had the Guarder RPK74 front end and wood kit fitted.

I fitted:

G&P metal body, with sight rail.

G&G Steel parts

INOKATSU blowback kit.

Upgraded internals.

Finally I replaced the wood kit with the real deal, which took me ages to source. Major thanks are due to Superfelix for that!

It took me ages to find a set. When it arrived it was brand spanking new, complete with wax coating!

Having seen both the Guarder and Inokatsu efforts, I would say that the real stock surpasses them both by miles. The quality of the wood used is far superior, as is the quality of the construction. Even after I had the stock hollowed out to take a battery, it still felt incredibly strong, much more so than the airsoft ones

I recently purchased an Inokatsu kit, so now I am on the lookout again for some real wood!

ROB...

post-7305-1181777088_thumb.jpg

post-7305-1181777111_thumb.jpg

post-7305-1181777138_thumb.jpg

rob: nice work except for the stock angle, fix that and you have a winner :D

btw heres a pic of my custom made, with rs wood:

rpkfz8kc2.jpg

notice the difference in the angle of the stock?

Edited by -FIDO-