AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought the JG svd had potential as a rifle, so I used the front end (65cm barrel+prowin hopchamber) with an ics gearbox and a G+P body kit with sidefolding stock. I'm a lot happier with it now, its surprisingly agile for such a large gun. Only problem now is finding a way to hide a large battery. I'm thinking about gutting an ACM M203 and attatching it to the foregrip. I think with a little care it'd be a cheap and novel way to store a battery.

As i said, I'll get a proper picture of it as blurry camera phone pictures do it no justice. I even got rid of the nasty purple jing gong finish.

glad you like it :)

well its not that hard, but fitting it to marui is a bit tricky because tm has really smaller dimensions then rs

btw heres a aks i coverted to rs woodgrips and full metal

dscn3336hk2oo8.jpg

Here's the only photo so far of my AK. Not sure what you'd call it.

Does the job

Beautiful?... That's what I'd call it anyway...

Get a better looking scope, and I'll love it even more!!!!

Also, is the JG SVD's barrel and gas tube metal?

Edited by Five-sEvEn

Cheers dude,

Scope-wise, what would you reccommend? I'm not dead keen on the real SVD scope.

I'm considering giving it a "Socom" look and shortening the outer barrel, Maybe even adding an M203.

In response, the gas tube and outer barrel are both metal, only problem is that the finish is a bit wierd. I ended up spraying mine black as they really stood out.

heres a few more photos. (and one of its little sister also full metal, plastic "wood" though)

Ali

(edit, This is my basement, I don't live in a squat. well, student housing, might as well be a squat ;) )

post-38072-1181904540_thumb.jpg

post-38072-1181904582_thumb.jpg

post-38072-1181904615_thumb.jpg

post-38072-1181904629_thumb.jpg

Edited by alimcd

Yeah those Romanian stocks are solid as hell, even if they are made out of melted down rebar in some backcountry eastern european shithole. Not flimsy in the least

What's up with the release though? I thought it was supposed to be a push-button? And were those stocks ever even made for machined receivers IRL?

Fin: TBH, I don't really like that much. I never went for the black handguards, if it's not textured.

Shroomlastic: Normally I don't really like the smaller AKs...or those handguards........or folding stocks..............or even those mags, but I think all together, that looks great lol.

I'm pretty sure this is a made for airsoft part. It's by some company in mainland China. I got it at Junglegun in Zhong He

I plan to put this on an Inokatsu steel receiver for an AIMS 74 project.

keith on RSOV.com is selling china made romanian stocks (made for airsoft)