AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps a customised mini battery. With the indent for the rail on one side, the lightening grove on the other and the mechanism for unlocking it when it's folded there's not a lot of room inside, less than a centimetre of width in places.

bugger. any ideas if the hinge mech can be transplanted onto a normal solid stock ? obviously as long as a scope mount isnt used.

i just really like those folding solid stocks lol. if only they were functional battery wise. its bad enough i can only get a mini battery in the stock of my AK74.

VFC AKS74U

Inokatsu AIMS w RS drummag modifyed to feed bbs aka the "44 minutes hollywood shootout" gun

At thta pic my AIMS was pretty clean, now it got moore scratches ans bumps in the wood^^

@Shroomalistic: thats a really nice AKMSU or what they are called, what manufacture made the kit i have never seen it before, only seen that inokatsu will make one.

post-27658-1182033940_thumb.jpg

Edited by GRIM!

id have to buy stick batteries then. ive got enough batteries as it is lol. suppose you're right. i lend my guns out a lot though, and any chance to give a mate a gun and one huge battery to last a weekend is something to be explored, rather than trying to sort him with 3 or 4 minis/sticks etc.

also, everytime i open a gun up, especially one of my ak's, it ends in disaster. :D

i just really like those folding solid stocks lol. if only they were functional battery wise. its bad enough i can only get a mini battery in the stock of my AK74.

i was asking the same thing a few weeks ago :(

i want an SRC AKS74u and real sword type 56 when they come out, and ive figured out the only way i could justify it would be to put on of those AK103 recievers/stocks on my ICS and put the battery tray/bolt from they T56 into the sidefolding ICS (might require swapping hop units too) then mod the T56 to accept the tasty ICS bolt :D

damn VCRB!

@screaminweasal: you can only fit minis in your AK stock? :blink: what make is it? i can easily fit a 3300 mAh in my ICS stock (still the ICS stock isnt quite the right dimensions...still its not massively noticeable and with that kind of battery capacity im not complaining :D)

awesome, cheers DL :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zFleecdlu38

found that on youtube, looks like the reciever cover doesnt come off. how hard would it be to mod the bolt to draw back the full distance, i looked at my friend's cyma and it doesnt appear to be too hard, anyone tried it?

still, someone needs to review that SRC, i know i can replace the internals (the externals seem fantastic) if they suck, but still, i'd rather not spend about 150 quid (not including HK postage) on a lemon. lets hope the quality reflects that of their XM8 and G36, not their shoddy previous AKs

awesome, cheers DL :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zFleecdlu38

found that on youtube, looks like the reciever cover doesnt come off. how hard would it be to mod the bolt to draw back the full distance, i looked at my friend's cyma and it doesnt appear to be too hard, anyone tried it?

still, someone needs to review that SRC, i know i can replace the internals (the externals seem fantastic) if they suck, but still, i'd rather not spend about 150 quid (not including HK postage) on a lemon. lets hope the quality reflects that of their XM8 and G36, not their shoddy previous AKs

The real steel has the hinged cover.

The SRC is a copy of the VFC - so IIRC the bolt travels all the way back as is.

The real steel has the hinged cover.

The SRC is a copy of the VFC - so IIRC the bolt travels all the way back as is.

:D (there wasnt a smiley to show quite how happy i looked when i read that... this will have to do) very good news, im SO buying that. any news on the realsword T56, im sure that should have come out in may

VFC AKS-74U DX#886...has now been internally upgraded with:

AE 7mm Oily Bushing

PDI 130% Spring

and that is all I plan to do beside getting a pbs silencer in the future.

the great thing about AKs that have wood furniture is that they look good with bakelite, plum, or black mags. Where as the black furniture ak-74 looks awkward with magazines other than black...

IMG_0729copy.jpg

IMG_0727copy.jpg

IMG_0725copy.jpg

IMG_0506copy.jpg

on the to get list...

Type 56-1 (Cyma 028+Danmu Conversion set)

AKM (Inokatsu)

AK-74 Wood furniture (Cyma+Danmu Wood set+Element receiver)

AK-104 (VFC or Inokatsu....)

box of mag akm bakelite mags

Edited by srpg