AK & Variants Picture Thread

akmsukrinkovmischmasch721.jpg

My contribution; its made of .... PHANTASY, .. and there is a slight difference, between phantasy and reality !

so on, Arnie does descirbe, what I do mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HgJTxWoL_M

What do you guys think about my Gun ? I will add those "MAG Midcaps" in Waffle-Style tomorrow.

Would it be a total (well, even more) crime, to change the flashhider, to an AKM Hider ?

Regards from Berlin

edit: woah, I`Ve got uber-bad spelling and stuff...

Edited by Damage
  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I currently own a shorter version of that damage, like a krinkov version.

thats a total beauty, it could only look better with the waffle mags.

Only thing that stands out is the lack of the rear sling attatchment, and this is really bugging me! To my eye it really stands out, especially seeing as the gear box is visible.

Aside that, I love it

(I have trouble discerning between fantasy and real-based AK's. I merely think the AK body is such a great platform to make unique guns like that.)

i dont think an AKM muzzle break would suit it, the front end is fairly chunky and i think an AKM muzzle break would make it end too abruptly. lol you speak like the gun is a crime already, its pretty nice TBH.

i dont think waffle mags would suit it, its a fairly 'old school' looking gun and waffle mags look far more modern in my eyes, IMO it would be a bit of a clash. still, its up to you.

and will people PLEASE realise the differences between muzzle breaks and flash hiders. muzzle breaks do almost the opposite to flash hiders, they AMPLIFY noise and flash in order to cut down on recoil and barrell climb :) AKMs and AK74s have muzzle breaks...not flash hiders.

NOW THATS HOW AN AK SHOULD BE! :P

*dies of laughter*

If you really skirmish with that thing, I would give you a +1 if I still could

Edit:

As a side question, How the hell do you attach a bayonet to the AK?. I have a nice little knife from ebay, but I can't figure out how to securely attach it to my TM AK? Does it lack the required mountings? (probably it). Where can I find the proper gas tube/front sight/muzzle break for mounting my lovely little knife?

Edited by Five-sEvEn
NOW THATS HOW AN AK SHOULD BE! :P

*dies of laughter*

If you really skirmish with that thing, I would give you a +1 if I still could

Edit:

As a side question, How the hell do you attach a bayonet to the AK?. I have a nice little knife from ebay, but I can't figure out how to securely attach it to my TM AK? Does it lack the required mountings? (probably it). Where can I find the proper gas tube/front sight/muzzle break for mounting my lovely little knife?

a TM AK lacks the lug that secures the pomel to the bottom of the barrel. You'll need a real metal kit if you want to attach a bayonet. Also TM AKs are about 95% the size of a real one. Having said all that AKs are one of the best starter gun for anyone. Everyone should have some sort of AK.

The TM AK47s takes a standard type AK47 bayonet perfectly well, so the 95% size thing about TM AKs is "misguided", they are advertised on the Rusmil website for £32 and are as solid as a rock! The VFC AK74 (don't know about the AKS74) takes a standard 74 bayonet perfectly well, I know because I own both and regularly skirmish with fixed bayonet to put the wind up the opposition!!

Well could you at least explain the differences?

It's certainly an older style sheath that is associated with AK47 bayonets, as well as the locking mechanism being integrated with the handle instead of usually being made out of metal as seen on most 74 bayonets.

According to my sources, it's definately an AK47 bayonet.

That's a Romanian AKM bayonet/early AK74 type. The original AK bayonet didn't make use of a bayonet lug, as none was on the AK47 originally. Instead, the bayonet uses the front barrel nut as a forward anchor point and then clips onto the barrel.

http://www.ak-47.us/AK-47Bayonets.php