AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For short length give the SRC AKSU a go, steel and wood and a tempory hi-cap (i demand you do not use hi caps in realistic looking guns)

Normal length how about the ICS AK74?

Your gunna have to give us more details for us to help (e.g. do you want a 47 or 74? wood or plastic? etc)

Woops sorry forgot you wanted wood :) In that case your probably gunna have to save up a bit longer if you want metal and wood straight away (a VFC or full inokatsu gun would be best)

Or you could get a G&G or ICS and mod a real set of wood to fit it.

Either way there never cheap, but pure beauty comes at a price :D

This is what id like : an wood and metal ak47-s but wouldnt mind an ak47 full stock, akm or ak74u. I dont like the ak74 , ak101 or any ak that is black or tactical.

EDIT: I dont want to spend aload of money adding real steel parts, as long as the parts are metal and wood im fine with it. ( Ill probably get bashed by the ak nerds now :( )

Edited by iou
The finish on a Inokatsu is incredible, easy to make it look weatherd and feels so good. Some of you might think Guarder does the best AK kits but thats wrong Inokatsu did the ones for Guarder but now they work alone and have got better.

But if any of you gets one and put wrong stuff on it i will hunt you down and kill you.  :flamed:

Damn straight! I just installed the rest of the parts on my Inokatsu AKS-74 last night and the thing is BEAUTIFUL. It's the first gun I feel compelled to give a name. Butchering up an Inokatsu AK would make me question the owner's sanity... these things are not cheap! Leave the chop-jobs to the clones!

I'll get pictures of my baby up later today. The weather's perfect for some outdoor photography. :D

May i ask where you got the canvas drop bag from ?

Got my AKS-74UN on it's way to me and i would like to give it a good place to sleep at night :P

I got mine from a guy on gunbroker.com that goes by the name of ruseller. He sold me the sling and drop case for like 28 or 38 bucks dont remember off hand. I also got the aksu wood from him too.

I got mine from a guy on gunbroker.com that goes by the name of ruseller.  He sold me the sling and drop case for like 28 or 38 bucks dont remember off hand.  I also got the aksu wood from him too.

Yeah, the same over here, but I don't like waiting 1 year before my order arrives :P .

My Project SVD-S got into a fight with a hacksaw

Now its just perfect. Based on Gretta (if anyone reads airsoftretreat)

I've fallen in love with this gun now, its finally working how it should...

First of all the G+P body didn't fit the front set and there were major air leak issues. I bought a prowin Hop chamber and mounted the hop-up right on the gear box so I could line up the body screws but that led to feeding issues, one sector delayer later, and that was solved.

making gretta has taught me a few things about the quality in general of the clone guns. I think the clones are great, I wouldn't have gotten back into airsoft if it hadn't been for china, but very little remains of the donor JG SVD that started the ball rolling. The wiring was really crappy, that and then battery really let the gun down. I still use the JG barrel, at first, being a noob, assumed longer barrel am best and put a 65cm tb barrel in. To my surprise the JG barrel performed just as well so i stuck with that and cut the end of the gun off...

There was some rather crude work done to the front set too. The battery compartment with the new thicker wiring wasn't large enough to house a 9.6v stick batt, i cut the end off and ratherly luckily theres about 3 inches of perfectly battery sived room inside of the foregrip. Why they didn't utilise that space i dont know.

The clone gearbox didn't last long, my fault not it's.

It was the 'box i learnt on and lost/broke some important pieces from. Gretta's now got a lovely shiny ICS GB, EG1000 and firing at 350fps. The prowin and the madbull shark bucking combo works great too. Worth the fiver

sorry about such a long post, terminally bored ;)

post-38072-1185050806_thumb.jpg

post-38072-1185050819_thumb.jpg

I'm not fond of scopes at such short range. I just use a slightly modified Spetz sight.

I use that red dot on a spetz-like AK now.

One thing has been bugging me recently about the gun. The bolt. Anyone know of any good metallic spray paints?

GRIM, about the realsteel mag conversion: just cut the rs mag a bit shorter, make sure you don't cut the magazine lip too narrow. Then all you need to do, is to carve Marui magazine internals (from both sides) so that it fits in rs mag shell. Takes about twenty minutes to comply. Here's a poor pic how much you need to cut, it's easier to compare to Marui magazine shell and measure exact lenght.

magakm.jpg

And here's a pic of my AIMS with converted rs mag:

aims1.jpg

Thx crenna :D think im gonna order a bunch of RS mags 2 from each type, do u know a good site that sells mags for a good prise?

Also nice AIMS is it Inokatsu? Looks really cool with the older 47 magazine, think ill get 2 of those too :D

BTW does anyone know how to convert RS mags to airsoft? cus i want bakelite AKM mags cus the guarder bakelite mags looks pretty crappy.

i hear if you dip them in red dye then lightly go over them with fine wire wool they look a lot better.

Woops sorry forgot you wanted wood :) In that case your probably gunna have to save up a bit longer if you want metal and wood straight away (a VFC or full inokatsu gun would be best)

Or you could get a G&G or ICS and mod a real set of wood to fit it.

Either way there never cheap, but pure beauty comes at a price :D

the SRC AKS74UN, its a VFC clone, full steel and wood. im considering buying one

well, apparently its a full VFC clone. SRCs early AKs had great externals but shabby internals, but if they've upped their game this time like they did with their G36 and XM8 (and considering they've cloned VFC i recon they might have)

i think it would be worth the gamble. the externals look excellent so at the worst you might have to do some work on the internals, and at about £160 from guns n guys it'd still be chaper than the VFC

Continued...

g]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/Bik...ft/72107037.jpg[/img]

g]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/Bik...ft/72107044.jpg[/img]

g]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/Bik...ft/72107047.jpg[/img]

g]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/Bik...ft/72107048.jpg[/img]

That's my baby: a Marui-based Inokatsu AKS-74 with real-steel Romanian AK74 foregrips and a Bulgarian sling.

g]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/Bik...ft/72107049.jpg[/img]

When giving your all, always aim for the skies!  :D

wait, that whole gun is just an Inokatsu kit? i thought it was a guarder kit by the sexy grip. where did you purchase this kit? how much was it? man...that looks sexy...