• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last of the inspired by Tantal website photos:

aks74u4.jpg

As for Inokatsu, they have a catagory of product called special item. Those are always expensive.

Were'd you get that vest? Ive been looking everywhere for it and cant seem to find one in a small/medium size. Also, has anyone ordered from sovietarmystuff.com? I ordered a backpack from them about 3 weeks ago and have yet to receive it. They're in Ukraine so i expect it to take awhile but im just wanting to know how much longer i should wait.

whered ya get the wood kit??

Found it hidden in the box the gun came in.

Where'd you get your AKS-74U without paying an arm and a leg? Most all i've seen are extremly over-priced?

Hot *fruitcage*in gun non the less!

Bought it from Guns 'n' Guys, can't remember how much I paid for it and it doesn't look like they have them anymore.

Well it was your own choice, you could have gotten an AKM, real stock and real handguards and have the same result for less money  :unsure:

I ochose that gun cus AIMS is my favorite AK and they only made 39 of it so its a minimum chanse i will run into someone in sweden with the same gun so i think its worth it.

And i did get the AKM aswell ;)

Nice mags n gun Hoppum, a VFC? I had a VFC and it was kickass from the box, did 105 M/S and for that short barrel it had a kickass precission too.

Heres some pics of me w my AIMS w AKM handguard (use the AKM handguard with the Iraq gear) So now its pretty much a AKM with sidefolding stock.

iraqgrim1jw7.jpg

iraqgrim2bl9.jpg

Thx :)

DAMN! Hoppum i just noticed that two of those bakelite mags was for AKM, do u have a AKM aswell? If not do u want to sell em? been looking for some RS AKM mags but all sites are too expensive for me XD (Yeah says the guy who bought two of the most expensive AK kits in Airsoft :P )

Erm, toward Darklite. Loving the AKMS. Just one quick question. I was going to put the same wood set on my src AKMS and I just wanted to know the extent of the modding to get it to fit?

were you still able to use the Spetz outerbarrel? The foregrip looks too long to accomodate the original barrel.

If you have any photos of the Process I'd love to see them, even just a walkthrough would be nice.

Also, anyone know of anywhere that I can get a wooden 74 handgrip on its own?

Cheers

Ali

You'll need to get a AK47 trunnion - I'd reccomend a CA or KA metal one - it'l be more stable.

Then, you need to disassemble the beta front end. You'll need to excavate the inside of the top wood cover to fit it on the AK47 frontend, as the CA and KA kits are different from the TM front end - but using the plastic TM frontend is NOT reccommended, as it'll flex around the outter barrel, which you'll be moving forwards and drilling.

If there's enough interest, I can put up a guide in a seperate thread.

(Just quoting the one picture so you know what I'm on about...)

Why did the ACM wood kits have to be so damn orange - They look more like plastic wood effect grips than plastic wood effect grips..

Shame, as I wanted a cheap wood set for my CM031...

Well, they match the Chinese Fakelite Orange AK74 mags. That's probably why.

Cheers Darklite.

Time to sound a little thick, What exactly is a trunnion? I'm guessing that its the front part of the reciever which name I dont know. If it is I'm quite keen to build it around the existing SRC one as it allows the housing of a larger battery. (metal as well, so should be nice and stable)

A seperate thread would be fantastic. I've been keen to pop that wood set on my AKMS since I got it. The SRC wood effect is terrible, the metal parts aren't bad though, the internals were a pleasant surprise too, hopefully as soon as I'm not having to look at the plastic grips anymore I'll remember how much I like it...

Ali

Edited by alimcd

http://www.soviet-propaganda.com/lvb/vests/

i believe its the V95 vest on that website.

Were'd you get that vest?  Ive been looking everywhere for it and cant seem to find one in a small/medium size. Also, has anyone ordered from sovietarmystuff.com?  I ordered a backpack from them about 3 weeks ago and have yet to receive it.  They're in Ukraine so i expect it to take awhile but im just wanting to know how much longer i should wait.