AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Which should i go for? because im too impatient to wait for the real sword type-56.... an SRC AK47S, G&G AK47, SRC AK74u or an upgraded cyma AK47(with new metal/wood body, new bushings & reshimmed) which ones will stand up against my friends CAs and TMs in looks and performance?

IMHO it's better to start with great internals and then add external parts than starting with iffy internals, unless you don't mind losing ~40 FPS due to poor airseal and having terrible range, which happended to my when I went cheap.

Pic of the latest, a frankenstein of sorts

IMG_0547.jpg

-TM AK47

-"Tac" grip from a JG AK47RIS

-Pro Arms Scope Mount

-Guarder Slant Muzzle Brake

-Guarder Ribbed top cover

-systema gears, spring guide

-Prometheus Soft Bucking

-Prometheus EG Barrel

really need to paint the grips black, maybe throw a GL on there for shites and giggles.

Edited by lineman66

My cheap AKM project.

akmbu1.jpg

Cyma AK74 as base

Cyma AK47 handguard, stock, gas block and flashhider

Element AK74 metal body

Element AK74 brown pistol grip

Marui AK47 Lowcap

Still needs propper AKM furniture, hope Gunner will re-stock them soon!

looks ok, personally id re do the finish on the AKM grips, using this guide, http://www.red-alliance.net/articles/custo.../furniture.html

and i think an element brown pistol grip would also look better, then your almost there with a decent AKMS lookalikie, i think you can get stamped AKS receivers so that would be a good addition.

My cheap AKM project.

Cyma AK74 as base

Cyma AK47 handguard, stock, gas block and flashhider

Element AK74 metal body

Element AK74 brown pistol grip

Marui AK47 Lowcap

Still needs propper AKM furniture, hope Gunner will re-stock them soon!

i know i'll probably get flamed for this, but what the hell. if you used an AK74 to start with im assuming you still have the 74 front end? if so, you ought to put the gas tube from the ak74 instead of the AK47 style one with the holes.

oh, and while you're ordering the woodkit fron gunner i'd reccomend buying an AKM slanted muzzle break too :)

i know i'll probably get flamed for this, but what the hell. if you used an AK74 to start with im assuming you still have the 74 front end? if so, you ought to put the gas tube from the ak74 instead of the AK47 style one with the holes.

oh, and while you're ordering the woodkit fron gunner i'd reccomend buying an AKM slanted muzzle break too :)

Thanks for your points,

but as FW200 noted, that's accurate for an early AKM (and i like it better than the later muzzle break ;) ).

About the gas tube, yes i have the 74 gas tube, altough i've seen some AKMs with vented holes, and i'm not using it for a reason.

The thing is that the 74 gas tube & gas block are two parts, whereas the 47 gas tube & gas block are one solid part, so i went for the easier way :D.

Edited by lordyeray

Okay, I'm not paying $950 for a glorified collection of Inokatsu parts when I can build my own AKMS for half the cost using readily-available real and airsoft parts.

Here's the plan, along with percent completion:

-CM028s base (version 3). 100%

-Internal Upgrades 20%

-Element receiver kit. 50%

-Bulgarian underfolding stock. 0%

-Hungarian, East German, and Polish AK parts for the front assembly. 75%

-ICS barrel with G&P metal rear sight block. 100%

-Guarder steel auto-back bolt. 50%

-Assorted work. ???%

-King Arms AKM/74 selector lever. 0%

So far, I've done all of the front end minus the front sight post. Here's some pictures:

180319803013.jpg

180319838853.jpg

180319895301.jpg

The exciting part: The gas chamber is pinned on, and the takedown lever is a real one, making the entire front end field strippable just like a real one. That's an RPK rear sight, it's there until I can find a PBS1 rear sight (and be able to afford it). Due to cost constraints, the AKM gas chamber is missing a bayonet lug. Given that I don't really care, I don't really care. I wasn't willing to shotgun the order, instead I preferred to go through two retailers for almost all of the external parts, and neither retailer had the gas chamber I wanted. K-Var has one, but it was $10 more for what I paid. I'm not an accuracy freak enough to want one, and given that the total cost of the full-metal and wood AKMS will total (at most) $550, I'm happy.

When I'm done, the only part from the CM028S will be the gearbox, and the included hicap. Everything else will be either real steel or airsoft. Pictures as they come.