AK & Variants Picture Thread

Hi all.

Hope you guys don't mind me asking a quick question here.

I'm just about to buy a vfc aks74u and I want to know if the MAG ak74 midcaps are compatible with it.

I've read that TM mags aren't compatible with it and the MAG description says for TM gun so I have no clue.

Anybody had any experience with them in a VFC ak?

Apologies if this has been mentioned before. I've had a read of this thread and searched the forums but can't find any info on the subject.

Much appreciated guys.

Chris

If i were you just stick with the VFC midcaps, the AKS74u converted me to midcaps and i'm so glad i don't use hi-caps anymore...

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Grim, you will find more use out of a PK-A sight than a POSP series; the eye relief on the POSP isn't particularly good, and with an AEG it will just be a prop. A red dot is the way to go, and since the PK-A is based on the structure of the POSP, it will look nice with the wood and fit the older gun look.

And Hoppum since you know moore than me about ak's does it look ok with a dragunov sight and a PBS-4 on my AIMS? ive seen Inokatsus AIMS had a even bigger scope than the dragunov sight so it wouldent look that bad or would it?

LINK to the sight im refering to http://di1.shopping.com/images/di/51/5f/58...100x100-0-0.jpg

personally i think it would look bad *albatross* and overkill as a CQB gun XD

Your gun - your choice, but personally I think the scope would look stupid and the PBS-1 would make the gun needlessly longer and more awkward to use in CQB.

Thanks for the responses guys. Yeah when I said TM mags I just meant the standard TM 47 mags (not that I'll be using them as that would be gh3y)

I'll stick with the MAG midcaps I think. I like the idea of them being single stacked as pretty much every double stacked midcap I've used I've had trouble with.

Thanks all it's much appreciated and I'll be sure to post pics of the AKSU when it arrives.

Cheers

Chris

Your gun - your choice, but personally I think the scope would look stupid and the PBS-1 would make the gun needlessly longer and more awkward to use in CQB.

Ive used a full lenth M14 in CQB and it worked for me and i play pretty agressive, so that wont be much of a trouble and still i can allways fold the stock.

But i mean if a RS one had those things would it look ok? I know i wont be using the sight much but it looks cool and thats what airsoft is all about, 90% of it tho XD

"Grim, you will find more use out of a PK-A sight than a POSP series; the eye relief on the POSP isn't particularly good, and with an AEG it will just be a prop. A red dot is the way to go, and since the PK-A is based on the structure of the POSP, it will look nice with the wood and fit the older gun look."

Well done plasticmag, now everyone is going to ignore my poo cyma  <_< .

iloveics, i like your AKs <sympathy hugs> :) Actually i appreciate the first pic of yours. I have been considering getting an AK variant since i got my flec-d i cant decide if i want a wood one or one with the plack plactic. :)

Edited by ferretkiller