AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@ Finius, Loving the spetz

You may want to consider spraying the selector and top cover in matt black, the JG purple is really obvious in the photo.

Shame you couldn't have used the G+P top cover, its nice to have the matching serial numbers on the body and cover (in my oppinion at least). Mind you, it may have made aiming a bit tricky...

catchish thing? basicly under the reciever cover it looks pretty much the same as the real thing. a full size bolt and large recoil guide and spring running down the middle.

like i say the best reason to buy a G&G is the realistic bolt, and if TM recievers wont allow use of that bolt theres no point in a G&G. to be honest i'd recomend saving abit more and buying a VFC. you could get a fullstock or a folding stock (even the folding stock the stick batteries will easily last the full day) and they really are the best of the best IMO.

oh, and im not sure if the RK103 and 104 will fit TM recievers, i just hear that the RK47 does.

My_plague, in response to your earlier question, yes, tm reciever to do fit ICS front ends. More or less that is.

There is no way for the two to join unless you drill holes through the reciever, thread them and put screws in, however this will actually look better if done well. I am not sure about the bolt fitting or if there will be any more complications in getting the two to fit.

@ Finius, Loving the spetz

You may want to consider spraying the selector and top cover in matt black, the JG purple is really obvious in the photo.

Shame you couldn't have used the G+P top cover, its nice to have the matching serial numbers on the body and cover (in my oppinion at least). Mind you, it may have made aiming a bit tricky...

Cheers, it's my first attempt at something I haven't seen before (it might have been done, but I haven't seen it) :D

It's pictured in what I'd call the "first draft" state, I'd only just got it together like that and wanted to skirmish with it that night, so any more modifications had to wait :P

The selector is eventually going to be replaced by a nicer one, which will then be sprayed, and I'm just measuring up to move the JG sights from the dust cover, and shove them on the G&P one, I'll let you know what happens and thanks for the tips :D

picture thread, ok, here's a crosspost from the contractor AK thread . . .

top to bottom: AR-SF with wood furniture, mini beryl, spets Kappa (tactical pistol grip & rails, overfolding stock, & x47-style fire selector).

threeComparePNG.png

my apologies for the unfinished Kappa paintjob :mellow:

zT :assassin:

Edited by zentaurus