AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can anyone recommend a decent ish cheap AKM wood kit.

or something that looks like an akm kit, cos some of these "ak74" ones looks suspiciously like akm furniture.

Russian mania workshop have Inokatsu wood kits, they look nice and arent that expensive.

And dont forget to change the other parts moore than the furniture to turn it into a AKM.

I think you should sell youre old "AKM" and get money to do a serious AKM insted :)

quick question does anyone have any experience with the CA SLR105 U is it good etc.?

cheers

jack

cant comment on it myself but i'd probably recomend spending a bit more and getting a VFC. from what i hear CA's AK series isnt as good as VFC, and i have the VFC and its probably the nicest gun ive ever owned... or for that matter seen in person/held (well, except other types of VFC AK)

Russian mania workshop have Inokatsu wood kits, they look nice and arent that expensive.

And dont forget to change the other parts moore than the furniture to turn it into a AKM.

I think you should sell youre old "AKM" and get money to do a serious AKM insted :)

Inokatsu wood is pretty much the most expensive.

So yeah good advice.

No idea where to get an AKM gas block.

And I think you mean my "ak47". Which I know is not an AKM, hence why I call it an AK47.

NEVER shall I sell this beast.

some of the kits on rsov.com are ok. if you can be bothered you can sand the finish off and re-apply yourself to get a better match to the real thing.

The Inokatsu wood kits are completely the wrong colour. they are brown whereas most RS Ak's I have messed about with (50 or 60) are more red/brown.

even the colour of the VFC is wrong and too glossy. The beauty of the VFC or the Inokatsu ak's is that you can get RS furniture and it fits right away.

on another note the majority of RS Ak's are actually AKM's however there isn't a cheap AEG version. most are based on the original AK47 which wasn't in production long.

you can make quite a cheap AKM by doing the following:

buy a cyma ak47 full stock

buy this wood kit: http://www.rsov.com/product_info.php?cPath...d908527093d1962

buy this metal body:

http://www.rsov.com/product_info.php?cPath...d908527093d1962

buy this pistol grip:

http://www.rsov.com/product_info.php?produ...d908527093d1962

mod the gas block

mod the front sight (red-alliance.net has the guides)

thats the easiest way or buy a Inokatsu which btw are fantastic.

Cool.

So I just need that wood kit, brown pistol grip and an AKM muzzle break.

And an ak47 mag naturally.

And thats pretty much an AKM.

EDIT:

Also that link you gave me GRIM, isn't much help as i'm thinking of converting a CYMA AK74. that wood kit is for Inokatsu.

Edited by iloveics