AK & Variants Picture Thread

yes, but the handgaurds are roughly the right shape and evidently if he wanted a display piece he wouldnt have brought a cyma, he'd have brought an inokatsu. he obviously just wants something, cheap, effective and AKM-ish (correct me if im wrong here)

if he wants a cheap, rugged skirmish tool he probably just wants people to look at it and go "ooh, AKM" rather than go up to it squinting and saying "OMG! wrong gas block and wrong ridges on the handguard", and lets face it, who the hell does that mid skirmish.

might want to try some MAG AKM mids too, they'd look cool. and i can safely say the AK74 ones are brilliant

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the shape of the stock is also off on the Danmu wood kit @ rsov, you may want to wait a bit cause last I hear Mr. Danmu was going to make a updated set with better shape...

Edited by srpg
Does anyone know when the Inokatsu 08 kits will be out? Is it likely to be this year or are we going to have to wait for next year?

Ha, you can wait for ever! Inokatsu stopped with producing Ak kits, they are selling out their kits and focussing on the M240.

They even cancelled the AKMS kit, the 9 pre-ordered by RMW are sold to someone else (so everyone who ordered one, me included, will get their money back).

Thanks Inokatsu :rolleyes:

spb,

Maybe you should thank the companies that keep ripping Inokatsu off instead. (e.g. Classic Army, VFC, and way to many clones to even bother with)

Seriously, why should any company bother footing the bill for innovation if some hack can just come along and steal their profits?

//Proud owner of A LOT of Inokatsu products, and I'm truly sad to see them forced to cancel so many beautiful AK runs.

Edited to add: Hoppum, have you looked at Inokatsu's website lately?

Edited by thatguy
Yes, it's still got all the AK products on it.

VFC hardly ripped off Ino, completely different design.

I beg to differ on the VFC part, but everyone has their own opinions right?

And as far as Inokatsu's website is concerned, maybe try to force-refresh your browser -- the product list is a pale shadow of what it was just a month ago, ESPECIALLY where AKs are concerned. Sorry.

I beg to differ on the VFC part, but everyone has their own opinions right?

And as far as Inokatsu's website is concerned, maybe try to force-refresh your browser -- the product list is a pale shadow of what it was just a month ago, ESPECIALLY where AKs are concerned. Sorry.

Ok I see what you mean now.

Can you pm me with how VFC ripped off Ino, I'm interested.

The VFC quite easily.

- VFC stamped receiver has same thickness as RS Russian stamped receiver. (Guarder/Inokatsu is thicker then RS Russian)

- VFC's selector notches (the positions for full auto & semi) are there where they should be (74 styléé)

Guarder/Inokatsu had the std. TM Ak47 layout of selector notches

- VFC's receiver has much better quality details on their receiver (bolts & stuff)

- VFC's upper hand guards fit to a replica gastube (they get turned around the tube as in real life)

Where as guarder/Inokatsu use the TM method for fitting upper hand guard.

-VFC has a killer gearbox mounted which can be demounted as quickly as it gets. (basically take of p-grip, selector, push spring loaded hop-up forward & gearbox can be taken out)

With a guarder-kit one needs to unscrew alot of tiny imbus screws...

(which can get lost if done in non ideal skirmish surroundings)

-VFC's lower hand guards (demount as their RS counterparts, with lever)

-VFC's AKs74UN RS lower hand guards is a straight replacement with the standard one (which isn't that great, but RS is a straight swap)

-The VFC Ak barrel is "pinned" to the receiver and gasblock/front sight are pinned to barrel as well.

(with Guarder/Inokatsu the gas block/gas tube/upper hand guards are all held together with one tiny imbus-screw.

This works but is nowhere near as sturdy as "pinned parts" (RS parts are pinned as well obviously)

Along with the upper hand guard takedown.

Edited by Hoppum
Which is most faithful to the real steel?

Technically neither are -- in order to accommodate a V3 mechbox & motor the airsoft receivers are longer than the RS by a little over 1cm and the pistol grip is fatter/longer by degrees.

Maybe wait for Real Sword to make an AKS-74U? Supposedly they want to have the correct dimensions for all their AKs.

I must say, at first I was skeptical about VFC guns.

But I have inpected them and good god there nice.

Can't say about Inokatsu, as I've never held one.

But VFC I would consider greatly for my next AEG.

Shame they don't make an AKM

Edited by iloveics