AK & Variants Picture Thread

and the more realistic bolt, stock and handguard takedown (edit: and the many others hoppum listed)

yep, indeed i do mean the VFC.

and arent AKSUs a glossy finish straight out of the factory?

Oh....the bolt that falls out during the first major skirmish you're in because there's nothing truly keeping it in the receiver? (I've seen it happen a couple of times)

The upper receiver take-down you are absolutely right about, but honestly that was the ONLY innovation worth mentioning which VFC improved upon when they stole Inokatsu's original design. Everything else is semantics and minutiae.

Really there's no point in arguing about this -- buy whatever you want. Opinions are cheap; guns and skills aren't. Just try to have fun, ok?

Edited by thatguy
  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh....the bolt that falls out during the first major skirmish you're in because there's nothing truly keeping it in the receiver? (I've seen it happen a couple of times)

Service Pack 1 changed that, and was free from the manufacturer, and I'm not entirely convinced they 'stole' the design. If you look at the design differences, it appears that GBTech looked at a real AKSU and did basically what Guarder did, except better. The Guarder kits are an attempt to replicate real-steel construction. The VFC one does it better and is more analogous to real parts (having held and used real AKSU builds).

Edited by PlasticMag
Service Pack 1 changed that, and was free from the manufacturer

My bad then. Sorry.

I explained to Hoppum that it's been a a couple years since I worked on the VFC AKS-74Us. If they have been improved since their inception then I do apologize.

Good for VFC.

The rest is minor.

Edited by thatguy

I had a VFC SU it was kickass straight from the box, shoots 105 M/S and very straight for having such a short barrel, only minus is the glossy finish and that one part on the stock braked else i loved it but i sold it to afford a Inokatsu AKM.

I can also recomend G&P ak74 mags for it they fit and look great in it.

So Iloveics you should save youre money for a VFC instead of building half crappy china clones.

GRIM, have you not been listening.

I wanted to turn my ak74 into an AKM, VFC don't make an AKM.

Also i'm a poor student with a crappy saturday job, and I wanted an AK74, so I bought the clone.

Surely that's why they exsist?

Edit:

Also I like classic AK's more, like AKM's and AK47's

I got the clone AK74 because it's cheap and it satisfied my craving.

Edited by iloveics

Mkay...

btw i mixed up my AKM into a CQB AK, its not done just placed out the parts so to see how it looks but i cant decide if im gonna gut the barrel so it looks like it is now or not, i could cut it and order a new barrel from RMW to use when ever i want it to be full lenth AKM again.

But the idea of this was to get a short AK for my GF to use cus a full lenth AKM doesent go to well on a little asian newbie in CQB

so yes no? what are youre thoughts of this? (sorry for the crappy pix just to lazy to wait for the sun go up and place it on the balcony XD)

post-27658-1189543467_thumb.jpg

post-27658-1189543482_thumb.jpg

Edited by GRIM!

grim, it looks kinda cool. definitivly if you went for a pmc setup.

(I think it is in shadow company they show aks with shortened barrels)

The downside is that the gun loses much of its ak feeling, that is at least what I think, but I guess you could always buy yourself an extra barrel.

p.s I think you should buy your gf a ptw instead ;)

i envy you deadeye.

and grim, if someone is trying to make, lets say a 100% accurate AKM and they've got he wrong gas block or something, tell them, its constructive criticism.

if someone is using a different calliber mag in their gun, the chances are they know but are not concerned about realism and like the look of it.