AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You have a AK47 magazine in a AK74, AK74 dont use AK47 magazine, wrong caliber.

You have no room to talk Mister AK caliber ######. One of the 3/16" bolts on your AK are mispositioned by a few mm. You should just burn your AIMS and start over, because it'll never be perfect now.

I care but finances mean that i often put the worng mag in.

My AKSU has one 70 round mag, i have about 10 ak47 mags of various capacities (30 - 600)

I just cant justify buying another half dozen 74 mags when the 47 ones work.

Althoughif money were no object i'd prefer it.

*personally* for posed pics i'd put the right mag in.

I think Grim made a fair point and folk jumped on it a little too harshly.

what kit is that snorkleman? it doesnt look like a VFC. guarder/inokatsu?

aye as IloveICS says its the unicorn one

Plasticmag has linked to my comments in the other thread but I'll add couple of things I dont think I really covered on there

basically its got much more in keeping with the inokatsu design: outer barrel with the two fingers that go deep into the receiver and acts as a base for hop unit to screw onto, set screw method of attaching barrel, fake front trunnion, lower handguard front sight block and threaded barrel sleeve so if anyones used to inokatsu kits taking it apart will be second nature.

from the VFC it has Muzzle break (proper one for a 5.45x39 versus the 7.62x39 calibre breaks guarder were using when I last owned one of their AKSU) Correct locating method for upper handgard (but not lower) A tula arsenal 1991-dated serial number on the front trunnion and no other markings than fire select ones which (if memory serves me right) are in the correct places.

According to gunner the barrel is a tightbore and the gearbox is bone-stock cyma V3

want an AK to chuck some half decent internals into and then bang the externals up to look nice n weatherbeaten then it seems like a good choice

Edited by snorkelman
but whats up with the bolt, looks like a 47? was it like that when u got it.

the bolt is the ugliest thing about it to be honest (and indeed the ugliest AK bolt ever) its really just a piece of flat steel sheet thats been bent and formed into a vaguely AK bolt shape with a cocking lever tack welded on. At very least it could do with some filler, sanding and repainting

Well here's my first contribution to the AK thread... Personally I love this gun its my primary and will stay that way for some time. Also its a bit of a Hybrid a kind of crossbreed between an AK47 and 74, I think it works nicely (notice I didn't say mongrel).

Its still work in progress however - I Have just received a side rail and may add a scope in the near future :) Also I may replace the pistol grip, but the current one is so damn comfy :P Anyway onto the pic's...

dsc00079ud6.jpg

dsc00081lh4.jpg

Well here's my first contribution to the AK thread... Personally I love this gun its my primary and will stay that way for some time. Also its a bit of a Hybrid a kind of crossbreed between an AK47 and 74, I think it works nicely (notice I didn't say mongrel).

Its still work in progress however - I Have just received a side rail and may add a scope in the near future  :) Also I may replace the pistol grip, but the current one is so damn comfy  :P Anyway onto the pic's...

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/2954/dsc00079ud6.jpg

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/5896/dsc00081lh4.jpg

Thats really nice! The colours almost match diagonally. If you get what I mean. :P