AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so......snorkleman, after you tightened things up, is the stock stiffer?

edit: don't know what I was thinking...

I stripped it all down and rebuilt it last night: bent receiver cover into shape at the bulgedpoint, tightened all the screws on reassembly etc so its nice and solid feeling now.

The stock however took a little more work than just tightening things

Stock retaining mechanism has the usual hook shaped latch that traps a plate on the stock between it and the rear of the receiver when stock is in use.

The hook shaped part needs bent in a little (or rear of the receiver needs a little bit of metal padding material) so that the plate on the stock sandwiched between the two has no play (as it was out the box there was a mm or two fo a gap there allowign the stock to rattle).

I opted to take the latch mechanism out stuck a bit of heat on it with a torch (its cast steel) trapped the hooked part in a vice and pinched it up till the hook bent inwards just a teeny bit to eat up most of theat mm or two of gap.

after that popped it all back together and all side to side play when stock is locked open is gone. All thats still left to do is pop a small washer in between the hinge holes in the stock and the hinge points in the receiver so that most of the mm or so of up and down play in that area gets shimmed out too.

you can take the stock off to sort that 'up and down play' issue with gun still fully assembled (just drive out the hinge pin) but to do the mod I made to the retaining latch you'ld have to strip the guts out the gun to reach it

Instead you'ld probably better just getting a small rectangular 1mm thick piece of steel cut to fit the rear of the receiver and bond that into place while the stock is off the gun or in the folded over position. (then whenever you open the stock in future the stock will be jammed snuggly in between that metal plate and the hinged hook without having to bend the hook inwards at all) JB weld or sommit like that will be more than up to the job of holding it in place.

Edited by snorkelman
I stripped it all down and rebuilt it last night: bent receiver cover into shape at the bulgedpoint,  tightened all the screws on reassembly etc so its nice and solid feeling now.

The stock however took a little more work than just tightening things

Stock retaining mechanism has the usual hook shaped latch that traps a plate on the stock between it and the rear of the receiver when stock is in use.

The hook shaped part needs bent in a little (or rear of the receiver needs a little bit of metal padding material) so that the plate on the stock sandwiched between the two has no play (as it was out the box there was a mm or two fo a gap there allowign the stock to rattle).

I opted to take the latch mechanism out stuck a bit of heat on it with a torch (its cast steel) trapped the hooked part in a vice and pinched it up till the hook bent inwards just a teeny bit to eat up most of theat mm or two of gap.

after that popped it all back together and all side to side play when stock is locked open is gone. All thats still left to do is pop a small washer in between the hinge holes in the stock and the hinge points in the receiver so that most of the mm or so of up and down play in that area gets shimmed out too.

you can take the stock off to sort that 'up and down play' issue with gun still fully assembled (just drive out the hinge pin) but to do the mod I made to the retaining latch you'ld have to strip the guts out the gun to reach it

Instead you'ld probably better just getting a small rectangular 1mm thick piece of steel cut to fit the rear of the receiver and bond that into place while the stock is off the gun or in the folded over position. (then whenever you open the stock in future the stock will be jammed snuggly in between that metal plate and the hinged hook without having to bend the hook inwards at all) JB weld or sommit like that will be more than up to the job of holding it in place.

First off, because I'm lazy, please PM me this information...

second, can you post pictures of the mods you did, paint diagrams or whatever of the mod you suggest, and the top of the gearbox while in the gun (with and without the bolt in)

More of the AK-74M, called AK103 by Inokatsu. The red dot is a PK-23 pulsing dot. I will probably be using a POSP with this toy rifle, a PK-AS with the incoming AK104, and a Kobra with the AKS74U. This sight will eventually go on the planned contractor AK.

I couldn't decide which one I liked more, so I post both.

ino74mnomag.jpg

ino74m.jpg

As long as the cleaning rod is before you the little grub screw it should be fine

Thanks, I was just a little puzzled as it just didnt seem right at is was but if thats how it goes so be it.

Oh and heres a little something I threw together while I had my 74 in bits

PICT0012-1.jpg

More of the AK-74M, called AK103 by Inokatsu.

it is an AK103, the only difference between the 74M and the 103 is that the 103 is chambered for 7.62x39. so you could use it as either depending on what mag you use.

edit: i prefered the spets with normal furniture and flash hider

Edited by my_plague_666
it is an AK103, the only difference between the 74M and the 103 is that the 103 is chambered for 7.62x39. so you could use it as either depending on what mag you use.

edit: i prefered the spets with normal furniture and flash hider

Lol and I thought it was "bad" to tell people they use wrong mags :waggle:

i wasnt saying he's using the wrong mags, he made it sound like he thought AK103 was a fake name (like RK103) and i was just letting him know that the AK103 does actually exist, it looks identical and is just chambered for a different round. and as i said, he's not using the wrong mag if he wants an AK74M.

It only took 2 hours to make. I still have 2 things i want to do which is either dye or paint the pistol grip a better colour and mod the fake bolt a little bit more.

The parts list to make it is:

CYMA AK74, element metal receiver, ACM romanian stock, ACM romanian wood front set. I have a tightbore barrel and gearset to go in aswell.

I'm still trying to figure out how to make the pistol grip to look like this:

pistolgrip.jpg

Edited by mightyjebus

Wow awsome Mightyjebus, ive had that idea for a while but never had time or money to buy a 74 flashhider n stuff, but i think a bakelite mag would look cooler, also a AKM/AK47 gasblock would fit better, but good job like the bolt :)

My M8 finally finished my Realsteel converted to airsoft drummagazine for me, so now its pretty much the 44 minutes gun^^

It got CA M249 magazine internals and works really great just played with it yesterday :)

Heres some pix of it along with my Inokatsu AIMS, pretty fun with RS parts, for now i got RS romanian sidefolding stock and drummagazine but i will order RS romanian vertical grip next payday too, goto keep my gun PIMP! :P

grimaimsd1kk0.jpg

grimaimsd2yj6.jpg

grimaimsd3ke8.jpg

drumhg8.jpg

drum2in2.jpg

EDIT: forgot to tell that "SUG KUK" means Suck ###### in swedish XD

Edited by GRIM!