AK & Variants Picture Thread

Taurus, is that the G&P metal body on your ak?

you say that pistol grip is comfortable, it looks a tad chunky for my liking.

Yeah I got the G&P Body and front set (included the wood) have to say it fits together very nicely indeed. I also think its made a lot nicer than the Element Ak47 body out there, as was on it previously....

When I put the wood on I thought the pistol grip was a little chubby for my liking, however having used it at 2 skirmishes I wouldn't swap it for anything else, I really like the feel of it (fits your hand very nicely, almost sits in it). However it doesn't look the best imo but I just can't justify swapping it for an Ak74 or even a smaller 47 version. :rolleyes:

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jebus, ideally you'd want to put the stock AK74 upper handguard on there and put a bakelite effect on it (at least i think thats how it is on AIMS74s)

No mate,

I recently played with a few RS ones and I took some photos. The RS photo in my previous post was taken by my fair hand and yes that is my toe caps :)

The ones I had, all had wooden upper and lower handguards however as with anything eastern europe i'm sure there is one out there with bakalite uppers. :)

No mate,

I recently played with a few RS ones and I took some photos. The RS photo in my previous post was taken by my fair hand and yes that is my toe caps :)

The ones I had, all had wooden upper and lower handguards however as with anything eastern europe i'm sure there is one out there with bakalite uppers. :)

Not surprised if there's both, but I'm inclined towards the bakelites. Here's a page from Tantal on some AIMS-74s. You can see the bakelite upper handguards on these as well as the text:

"Handguards consist of laminated wood lowers and bakelite uppers."

http://www.avtomats-in-action.com/pro19.html

Beautiful and accurate gun you have there either way! :)

Edited by RSP1

Oh noes! double post! :P

Some pix of me with my Inokatsu AIMS on a zombie game

Looking for zombies..

z1we1.jpg

Spotted some zombies with the flashlight..

z2zu1.jpg

Making a pimp pose XD

z3rs6.jpg

Owned and eaten by zombies :P

z4tw7.jpg

But they were nice after they eated me and helped me up XD

z5lj1.jpg

Photo for GRIM! Is the mag OK in this one :D cheers for all the pics of your AIMS (and your MRS) made me order one, a AKM that is.

692e8920.jpg

Afghan police stand guard as Sikhs shout slogans during a demonstration in Kabul Afghanistan, 17 September 2007. Over a hundred Sikhs demonstrated in Kabul after Muslim villagers tried to prevent them from performing the traditional funeral Pyre cremation.

Alright as some of you may know, I've been working to fit a RS Romanian AIM woodset on my CM028S. I've gotten the upper on and I am working on the lower. I have to wait till i get the metal reciver i want to install the stock. Anyway, pics of my progress

P9170624.jpg

P9170625.jpg

Thanks dudes. Yeah, the lower is a bit difficult. I started on it last night and It's going to require alot of filing........

On the lower handguard, what do I do with the wooden nub at the back of the handguard? Do I shave it down to fit the hole in the reciver where the old handguard locks in?

Edited by The Crunchy Bunny