AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

damn you snorkelman. i wasn't goint to go the full hog on mine but that looks great.

do you think it would be easier spray painting the muzzle break with some chrome model paint?

hehe I knew you wouldnt be able to resist :)

a flat whitish silver colour should be fine is just masking it up and ensuring you dont get runs inside the conical surface On this one Im going to use a little matte clear laquer to take a little of the brightness back out of it

My Plummed ribbed goodness of a vfc :)

Pics1031sm.jpg

shroom that looks great. i have been after a set of those grips for a while now but you americans won't blooming ship overseas.

ever since i seen the inokatsu setup like that i have been after a set. i wouldn't mind the little laser thingy the inokatsu one had as well but i have never seen one for sale.

aye looks sweet (I still think they look a bit rude though lol)

Jebus I'll see if I can get somethign sorted in a month or so from now as far as getting grips in from states

shroom is that a 3rd party plum pistol grip or are VFC doing the plum ones now (if its a dye job it looks helluva good!)

aye looks sweet (I still think they look a bit rude though lol)

shroom is that a 3rd party plum pistol grip or are VFC doing the plum ones now (if its a dye job it looks helluva good!)

Its a guarder brown grips dyed using your method :P

Iloveics, is that a cyma ak with wood kit and element metal body?

If I'm way off it's because I'm not very educated in the AK departement... :rolleyes:

If that is a Cyma, what's it like, how's the performance on yours? Just wondering as I'd quite like an AK but have money reserved for other things, so would have to go for a cheapish model.  :(

Cheers

My latest pic, with the stripey phuton.

Thats a TM ak47, with Landforce AKM wood kit, G&P metal body and front set, guarder recieiver cover, G&P AKM muzzle break + RS sling.

But I do have a CYMA ak74 with cheapsoft wood kit and element metal body, for the price its really good.

If your after a budget AK, CYMA is the way to go.

Do you mean plum solid stock side folders like the AK-74M or plum AKS-74's?

If, like I'm assuming you do, mean a solid stock, I highly doubt it, seeing as they replaced plum with black with the AK-74/AKS-74's before general production of solid stock sidefolders began. (Yeah, what Neoptolemus said)

They do of course make plum AKS-74's:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e31/Hopp...p1010026te6.jpg

Edited by Hoppum

1985- Plum replaces wood

1986 mid year- Black replaces plum

1991 (i think)- 74M is now produced that features the full folding stock

However a plum RPKS may of had a folding stock like that but i've never seen one and the plum rpk furniture i have seen is for a fixed stock

maybe ill end up getting the unicorn aksu also and throw the black ribbed handguards and black side folding stock. I like that look too. looks like the plum aksu is staying the way it is. Im almost tempted to leave it that way permanetly andsell my tula wood. I couldnt sell the wood thow, it was too hard to get a hold of.