AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol raghead, are you allowed to say that? :)

anyway nice few photos of the 74, won't look that good compared to the inokatsu's but meh.

2352345.jpg

Before and after

34563.jpg

EDIT: GRIM! i like it, but damn it looks way to new :D

Edited by iloveics
EDIT: GRIM! i like it, but damn it looks way to new  :D

Yeah i havent got time to skirmish it yet :P I put in a 140 spring for outside play but never went to any so now i removed the spring and put in a 90 spring for the winter, but it will be full of battle scar after the winter :P

do tell, good sir

What i did was Krylon the magazine black, then sand away the majority of the krylon until it has a dirty look to it and then i used RIT Liquid Scarlet Dye and dyed the magazine and then sanded some of the colour away until i got the look i was going for

It was very time consuming especially when you have 10 mags to do but i think it was well worth it!!

Edited by Sammyc

see i wouldnt say the looks is particulary realistic but i think it gives it more of a used look and less like a toy, the condition of things is obviously different between magazines in real life as each one has been put through different enviroments and so on and therefore you rarely get 2 the same, so i think they way they look is a massive improvement from the VFC standard look.

Yeah im also intrested in that to do on my guarder bakelite kit, it looks fugly now :/

But getting real ones would be best but where can i find them for a fair price? Russmilitary is pretty expensive imo

Edited by GRIM!