AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i was explaining to him last night on xfire that the original guarder ones werent made exactly like the real steel. the part of the gas tube that goes into the front trunions are a little long and it prevents it from releasing thegas tube all the way. at least thats how it os on my aims. the lever on the rear sight bock lifts up all the way but the part of the tube that goes into there is just a little too long to be able to release it all the way.

Field strip of a real AK as per described in my RPK's manuel.

1. Set gun to safe & check chamber

2. Remove top cover

3. Remove recoil spring guide

4. Remove Bolt

5. Remove gas tube by pulling up on locking lever

"Further disassembly is discouraged"

I can do all of the above with my Guarder AKM, so I don't see how it's unrealistic. : /

mightyjebus, I really like that silver AK. It looks reliable to me, like a tool in the shed that you've been using for years and will continue to use.

thegunrunner, that's an excellent photo, but I think that the wood grips should be somewhat more subdued. They shine a little much for my tastes.

As we can discus things in the AK thread and not get flamed to all concerned my Dboys/kalash AKSU was crowned today and clocked in at.....390 fps!!! This was annoying but i after i put my VFC gearbox in it (which has gone down to 270 (wtf!)) the gun was a joy to use....YAY CHINA!

However the battery was probably a reason for the first result of a low of 320 and a high of 390 and a ###### rate of fire, after putting a G&P battery i got a constant of 380

Not me, but a friend with the CYMA AKs74u I built him:

IMG_4934.jpg

IMG_4921.jpg

IMG_0460_resize.jpg

IMG_0449_resize.jpg

IMG_4925.jpg

ELCAN makes everything sexy. Black AKs and MC suprisingly nice.

Apparently he actually used the ICS AK74m as a backup to the CYMA, cos the AKs74u is much handier in tight spaces, of which the field was abundant.