AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you guys want the tantal price list, PM me your email and I'll send it to you. Its a huge email! My plague, from the list he sent me, the bakelite mags are sold out (doesn't have a price). For reference, the plum magazines are $26.95 each.

Heres my kalash AKS-74 with star GP30. Kinda funny when the grenade launcher costs more than the rifle itself.

AK01.jpg

AK02.jpg

Edited by EvilCookie

A bit off the topic but related none the less.. If I bought one of these could I fit it to a TM (G&P) front set or are the Dboys/Kalash receivers different from the TM variants?

Cheers!

edit. Oh and evil cookie your gun does look pretty class, just the kinda thing I'm going for :P

Edited by The Taurus

Don't suppose anyone on here knows where I can get an inokatsu outer barrel and cocking handle? Made a mess of my outer barrel (Guarder, but Ino and Guarder are the same..) and lost my cocking handle :-(.

Also had a crazy idea of turning my aks-74 into a saiga shotgun (possibly using tm-spas internals) :-).

Cheers.

Thanks for the comments guys. I've been lurking in this thread for quite some time now and I'm pretty jealous of some of the rifles I've seen over the weeks. Now that I have an AK I feel I can start chiming in here! Awesome clones so far guys!

EvilCookie, was it alot of work to install the GP30 onto the Kalash 74? Looks good!

Hey Carbine

No, it wasn't alot of work at all. What I did was attach the rear mount (the one farthest from the muzzle end) onto the barrel. You need to remove the flash hider and cleaning rod to do so. Then I attached the forward mount onto the GP30 itself. With the mount on the GP30 I then fastened it onto the barrel with the screws provided. Might be a little hard to understand in writing but its common sense if you got it in front of you. Its on there nice and solid but a little incorrect (its a few inches more forward than it should be on the real steel). This is sort of a blessing in disguise though as now I can hold the rifle horizontally instead of just vertically via the GP30 grip (I prefer horizontal). Another downside is you lose the 'quick disconnect' ability it comes with but honestly, I can't see a reason why I'd want to ditch the GP30 in the middle of a game. It can easily be detached by removing the two screws off the forward mount between games if you decide to do so.

Hope that helps.

Talk to Ting at russian mania workshop. He can get all sorts of bits. He's currently sorting me out with some inokatsu akm gas blocks and front sights.

Don't suppose anyone on here knows where I can get an inokatsu outer barrel and cocking handle? Made a mess of my outer barrel (Guarder, but Ino and Guarder are the same..) and lost my cocking handle :-(.

Also had a crazy idea of turning my aks-74 into a saiga shotgun (possibly using tm-spas internals) :-).

Cheers.