AK & Variants Picture Thread

I had looked at the Element, and the amount of work they seem to take is a bit irritating. My dremel isn't particularly good. It had enough trouble just modifying the hand guard and retaining collars to accept them.

I remember a King arms being talked about somewhere, but can't find any record of it...

Dis one?

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=21912

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just ask GRIM :mellow:

cheers for the comments guys

TCB: Well I never really aimed for a goal. I just bought a cool woodkit cos I saw it, bought a cool metal body kit cos it was for "ak's" lol and bought a steel stock because I was sick of the wood one cracking every skirmish.

If nothing breaks then I will probably leave it be :)

Edited by iloveics
I'm still an AK n00b :unsure:

What makes it incorrect?

Slainte!

well, lets assume it's meant to be a romanian AIMS with a russian handguard. the reciever is an AK47 style milled type, the AKM (base gun for the AIMS) was stamped steel. the gas tube is ventilated al-la AK47, for the AKM it was changed to no ventilated. the pistol grip is an AK47 one, and while i think very early AKMs had wooden pistol grips the majority had plastic. the bolt also appears to be AK47 style rather than the AKM which had a sliver cut out toward the back (like the AK74).

regardless, its a very nice looking gun iloveics

well, lets assume it's meant to be a romanian AIMS with a russian handguard. the reciever is an AK47 style milled type, the AKM (base gun for the AIMS) was stamped steel. the gas tube is ventilated al-la AK47, for the AKM it was changed to no ventilated. the pistol grip is an AK47 one, and while i think very early AKMs had wooden pistol grips the majority had plastic. the bolt also appears to be AK47 style rather than the AKM which had a sliver cut out toward the back (like the AK74).

regardless, its a very nice looking gun iloveics

wow!

Thanks for the detail and lesson!

I need to spend more time at Tantals :rolleyes:

Oh wait- and isn't that the wrong magazine for that receiver too? I think I remember a whole rant about that earlier in the year :unsure:

Slainte!

Edited by Guinness

no, milled recievers are for AK47s which like the AKM are also chambered for 7.62x39, so it would still be the correct mag.

whether the bakelite mags were arround when the '47 was being made i dont know, but it would work eitherway.

Edited by my_plague_666

It's fine, AIMS chambered 7.62x39 which is ok for both milled and stamped receivers (although as mp666 says the AIM/S didn't have milled receivers). The only incorrect combinations are either 5.45x39 or 5.56x45 in a milled receiver.

Edit: Oh shi- iloveics has a milled receiver, edited to make more relevant.

Edited by Hoppum
no, milled recievers are for AK47s which like the AKM are also chambered for 7.62x39, so it would still be the correct mag.

Ahhh gotcha- I thought that was an AK74 mag which is the smaller 5.somethingXsomethingelse size....right?

Toleya I was a n00b still :P

:withstupid:

It's fine, AIMS chambered 7.62x39 which is ok for both milled and stamped receivers (although as mp666 says the AIM/S didn't have milled receivers). The only incorrect combinations are either 5.45x39 or 5.56x45 in a milled receiver.

Edit: Oh shi- iloveics has a milled receiver, edited to make more relevant.

You can still get milled receiver IIRC for Bulgarian 5.45 made receivers. Also a wooden grip wood be ok as early Romy AIM had them. And the gas block needs to change to a slant type without the sling mount. Did you get front sight also?And the trunnion lol. Rear and front! And bakelite was around when the AKMs came out, plus bakelite was being used in early plastic products. As that's what it is! :rolleyes:

So a 'milled' receiver has the large rectangular indent directly above the mag well, and the 'stamped' receivers just have the oval shaped dimple above the mag well, yes?

Edited by Guinness
Ahhh gotcha- I thought that was an AK74 mag which is the smaller 5.somethingXsomethingelse size....right?

Toleya I was a n00b still :P

:withstupid:

5.45x39 ;) . all AK (and even the subsonic 9mms for the AS VAL, VSS and VSK-94) are 39mm long. probably the best way to remember what is chambered for what is to think that the 47 just used chopped 7.62 rifle rounds, the AKM was just an improved 47 so uses the same round. as for the AK74, the russians developed a small, high velocity round to compete with NATO's 5.56, just remember that the 74 uses a similar diameter to the 5.56 NATO. as for the AK100 series, theyre chmabered for EVERYTHING, 7.62 R, 5.45 R and 5.56 NATO.

you'll pick it all up eventually :)

Cheers guys, It's a rather special gun to me. Lots of work makes you bond with it.

I shall get more pics, but when I get home from college it's already dark.

I'll give it ago with flash.

Here goes...

coathanger1.jpg

Yeah it's just my ak. don't know what to call it anymore lol

Edited by iloveics
5.45x39 ;) . all AK (and even the subsonic 9mms for the AS VAL, VSS and VSK-94) are 39mm long. probably the best way to remember what is chambered for what is to think that the 47 just used chopped 7.62 rifle rounds, the AKM was just an improved 47 so uses the same round. as for the AK74, the russians developed a small, high velocity round to compete with NATO's 5.56, just remember that the 74 uses a similar diameter to the 5.56 NATO. as for the AK100 series, theyre chmabered for EVERYTHING, 7.62 R, 5.45 R and 5.56 NATO.

you'll pick it all up eventually :)

Roger- got all that

Excellent gun IMHO iloveics!

Slainte!

Edited by Guinness